• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Red Carpet Connection Publishing, Publicity & Talent Agency

Brian P. White

Father, Husband, Soldier, Christian
Registered
Reaction score
I just ran across a Red Carpet Connection LLC (http://www.theredcarpetconnection.com), to include an Andrea Adams-Miller. I haven't found any info so far and was referred by a friend, who was a friend who hadn't talked to her in a while. Anyway, I'm wondering if this is actually the same company resurrected. It says it has traditional and self publishing, as well as subsidy (whatever that is), but some of it looks funny to me. Anyone know anything? Anyone getting any vibes?

Last edited:

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Don't know if it's the same company. Quoting their site: [h=5]
Discover the Secrets to the Publishing & Publicity World that Most Publishers Don't Want YOU to Know!

Free GIFT - Special Secret Report Revealing What
YOU Need to Know Before YOU Publish
[/h]
Yeah, the vibes I'm getting are 'do not touch'. Any pertinent and useful information about publishing can already be found online, for free, with a little discipline and Google-Fu.

In my limited experience, authors who fall for the 'speshul secrets' pitch have other reasons why commercial publishers and agents might be rejecting their work.

The key word here is 'subsidy'. That's what vanity publishers like to call themselves these days, and it means that most authors who submit to them can expect a pay-to-publish pitch.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
(Split from Red Carpet Publishing)

ETA: Site's gone, but is still active on FB, etc. touting marketing seminars. For that, and the fact there's no sign of anything published, I'm reIndexing under Publicity.

Last edited: