• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

Things that make you go HMM. Or in my case, UH...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoedragon

Registered
Reaction score
I've been fairly prolific in my writing and generally happy with my progress. However, I just finished a chapter. It ended with, "Though I have no idea how we’re going to make this right."

I saved the file.
Then I sat back and realized I have no idea how to make this right either. I could almost hear my train of thought crashing into that concrete wall. I think it's a sign of a tired brain when I sit there staring at an empty chapter heading going, "Uh... what does happen next?" It was soon followed by "Oh man, I am such a terrible plotter."

On the bright side, I'm close to finishing my fourth manuscript!

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Well, if the characters themselves don't know how to fix it, maybe they can do something else for a chapter or two, with occasional moments of angsting about not knowing how to fix it. You might write yourself to an idea.

Mark Young

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Well, if the characters themselves don't know how to fix it, maybe they can do something else for a chapter or two, with occasional moments of angsting about not knowing how to fix it. You might write yourself to an idea.

I would go with this post's idea, maybe you'll figure it out along the way.

zoedragon

Registered
Reaction score
After posting this, I paced around the house for a while, washed a few dishes, paced some more, and then realized: The situation can't be made right. That's why it's so messed up. They just have to continue forward, heavy with the knowledge that this is what happened, and it can't be undone. The rest of the story is dealing with it. Thanks for the suggestion, Sunandshadow. Occasional angsting sounds like a good idea.

Anberlin

Registered
Reaction score
I think sometimes it's okay for things to be a little broken :)

Mark Young

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
After posting this, I paced around the house for a while, washed a few dishes, paced some more, and then realized: The situation can't be made right. That's why it's so messed up. They just have to continue forward, heavy with the knowledge that this is what happened, and it can't be undone. The rest of the story is dealing with it. Thanks for the suggestion, Sunandshadow. Occasional angsting sounds like a good idea.

Glad you found your way around it. :3

krhee85

Registered
Reaction score

I feel like anyone reading would connect with this. Some situations just realistically cannot be fixed only moved past. Heck, even just reading this made me feel better and I have no idea what you're even writing about :)

zoedragon

Registered
Reaction score
I feel like anyone reading would connect with this. Some situations just realistically cannot be fixed only moved past. Heck, even just reading this made me feel better and I have no idea what you're even writing about :)

This made me smile. Thanks for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.