AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Without A Net Press

Without A Net Press

http://www.withoutanetpress.com/

Just followed me on Twitter. I know nothing about them. The sheer newness and some of the vague statements about staff bios and contracts...I'll wait a couple of years.

This M/M space opera
    Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at Etsy.

Mired in the miry mire. leifwright's Avatar
    Hate the name.

But at least their pitch is mostly grammatically correct.

Some of what they say sounds vanity press-ish, but I'll withhold judgment.

I'll keep an eye on them, too.

Given that name, I am tempted to write and ask about their initial capitalization strategies. But if they're still around in 2 years...or they give some more solid publishing credentials sooner...I will check back on them.

This M/M space opera
    Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at Etsy.

Disapproving plot bun disapproves. FluffBunny's Avatar
    Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
    The staff bios are what concern me, among other things. Other than one principal listed as an author, none of the others appear to have any exposure to any facet of publishing. One is experienced in digital marketing and social media. The other has a B.A. in Political Science and a Masters in Education. LinkedIn lists the latter as currently running a subscription snack-food service. It also appears that these three principals will be acting as submissions editors for the company.

"Royalties: To be negotiated individually" is mildly worrisome, as is "Rights: We acquire digital rights (exclusive rights for e-book and paperback) for five years..." (bolding added). I'm a dinosaur, admittedly, but don't digital rights exclusively refer to electrons on a screen and not a physical paperback?

They also seem to be starting out in quite a few genres. I count at least six, depending on how you break things up.
    Last edited by FluffBunny; 05-09-2016 at 04:49 AM.
    House-rabbits: Can't live without 'em and can't stop 'em from ordering thermonuclear devices off the Internet.

Please check all weapons, weasels and cilantro before entering. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffBunny View Post
    "Royalties: To be negotiated individually" is mildly worrisome, as is "Rights: We acquire digital rights (exclusive rights for e-book and paperback) for five years..." (bolding added). I'm a dinosaur, admittedly, but don't digital rights exclusively refer to electrons on a screen and not a physical paperback?
    I don't know, FluffBunny, seems to me they're clearly taking rights for both e-hardbacks and e-paperbacks.