On Cement Steps

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I like this very much, Kie, especially the imagery. I can see and feel the poem quite vividly (indeed, brings back an experience of my own).

Smirkin

eating cookies late at night
Registered
Reaction score
Love this, paints a very sweet and vivid picture. I'm enjoying reading it over and over

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
I've come back to read this several times and each time I come away with a lovely mental image of young lovers on the beach (a fave image in my head anyway) but the "sports bra" line just seems to really chase me out of the scene - it makes the narrator sound juvenile even though he's obviously much older - or maybe it's something else about that image... admittedly I thought the line before it (clinging clothes) might lead to a half remembered nipple or a fleeting glimpse of freckled flesh? Not to nit or pick, just a mention. Still, thought I should share my thoughts and again, I do enjoy the poem, so thanks!!

kborsden

Has a few recurring issues
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I should be so lucky to have caught a glimpse of nipple that night. Alas, a black sport's bra, like a censor strip was all fate could muster for my 15 year old self.

Thanks for the reads and comments all.