• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Writing buddy for fantasy romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

romancewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but I'm looking for someone to bounce ideas off about a fantasy romance series with princes and princess. My characters ages would range from late teens to mid-twenties. It will be urban fantasy not high fantasy featuring interactions with characters like Father Time and Jack Frost. I've written bits and pieces of several of the stories which I plan to have at least five. I may do seven. The first story is titled How To Date A Prince and two MCs wind up stranded on Father Time's island and have to escape within hours. Story length will likely be in 50 to 65K range.

Mainly I keep stalling on these stories because of the whole feeling like I'm writing into a void kind of thing, and discussing them with someone will hopefully make the goal seem a bit less out of reach. As you can see in my sig line I am a pubbed writer, so I have some clue what I'm doing, I'm just lacking a bit of focus.

Thanks!

morngnstar

Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested. I'm not sure about the concept. You say it's urban fantasy but then you have princes and princesses. The folk tale characters make it seem kind of like YA, but the age range is more like NA. I can check it out, though.

I don't think it's the wrong place to post this, but you could also just post your issues in the Brainstorming Sandbox. You would probably get a lot of replies there.

romancewriter

Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking it might come across better as YA also. I'm still in the mostly planning stage. Thanks for your interest and your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.