Chris Mathews: maybe it's time to hang it up, you knuckle-dragger?

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/04/media/chris-matthews-melania-trump/index.html

He was caught on an open mike drooling over Trump's current wife (I have to add the "current" disclaimer, because Trump and tomorrow) Melania, and apparently this is a running problem for him (I didn't know, because I stopped paying attention to Mathews in the 1990's).

During the last presidential cycle, in 2011, Matthews said there was "something electric" about the way Sarah Palin walks and moves, and called her "very attractive."
In the 2008 cycle, Matthews said that Hillary Clinton looked like Nurse Ratched, the antagonist in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." Years earlier, he had described her appearance as "witchy."

Not a very progressive voice, is he?

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
During the last presidential cycle, in 2011, Matthews said there was "something electric" about the way Sarah Palin walks and moves, and called her "very attractive."
In the 2008 cycle, Matthews said that Hillary Clinton looked like Nurse Ratched, the antagonist in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." Years earlier, he had described her appearance as "witchy."

As a witch I would just like to remind that offensive troll that we look like everyone else.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
As a witch I would just like to remind that offensive troll that we look like everyone else.

^ That.

What's a witch look like? Oh, yeah, got a mirror right here. Yep, that would be it.

Also, same as Cass, I hate the sucker.

Last edited:

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
I think Chris Matthews is unusual in that he's possibly the only talking head despised almost equally by progressives and conservatives alike.

Apparently beloved, however, by the executives running MSNBC.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Which is why I can't bear watching MSNBC.

(Indeed, I read about 98% of my news these days.)

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Caught on a "hot mic" or not, the fact that he felt the need to say that to a colleague at work, and seems to think that it's okay to do that in a professional setting, makes me feel sorry for the people who have had to work with him on a daily basis for years.

Imagine the type of stuff he says to his coworkers when he's not mic'd up at all.

Ugh.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

As a troll, I would just like to remind everybody that just because some of us live under bridges and terrorize random goats, we're actually rather pleasant to be around. Especially when we make goat curry for the potluck at work.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
As a troll, I would just like to remind everybody that just because some of us live under bridges and terrorize random goats, we're actually rather pleasant to be around. Especially when we make goat curry for the potluck at work.
Goats are interesting and intelligent creatures and should never be harassed, much less eaten. No wonder trolls have a bad rep.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I think Chris Matthews is unusual in that he's possibly the only talking head despised almost equally by progressives and conservatives alike.

This, exactly. I can't stand watching the guy. It would make me happy to see him go away.

caw

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score

And he's done so much for their success, too...

Should I have a sarcasm tag on that?

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com

I suspect the "Open mike" was not a mistake. I also suspect that they keep him because he does exactly this: Creates controversy.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
This, exactly. I can't stand watching the guy. It would make me happy to see him go away.

caw
Given the depth of the idiot commentator bench on the right wing, Chris Matthews is sorta required for balance.