The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Lindsay Literary Agency (Becky Bagnell)

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Lindsay Literary Agency (Becky Bagnell)

Has anyone had any experience with this agency? I couldn't find a thread about it so far. Looks legit but I'd be interested to hear more about it.

http://www.lindsayliteraryagency.co.uk/

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin atwhatcost's Avatar
    A mere year after you asked, but she's legit. Try Query Tracker to find out legitimacy.

Second Query Tracker! It's been extremely helpful as I've started compiling my agent list.

QueryTracker is a great tool, but an agent being listed on it doesn't mean that they are necessarily legitimate or, more importantly, a good idea to submit to.

practical experience, FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedrellum View Post
    QueryTracker is a great tool, but an agent being listed on it doesn't mean that they are necessarily legitimate or, more importantly, a good idea to submit to.
    Exactly so. The OP asked if anyone has had any experience with this agency, and it makes me a bit wary that no one has yet answered that question.

Querytracker isn't even a UK-focused tool (it's primary audience and listings are US), so it means very little regarding the legitimacy of UK agents.

However, The Lindsay Agency has solid-looking sales on its website and works with reputable co-agents (The Rights People). Sales include publishing names I recognise, like Nosy Crow, and their Twitter feed clearly shows that their books are stocked in major UK retailers and getting awards attention.

Submission guidelines are decent: no reading fee, yay. It does directly mention an editorial service that they recommend, but that isn't a red flag so much in the UK as in the US (a lot of the big agencies work closely with places like Cornerstones Editorial).

Guidelines don't mention if they're UK-only or accept international subs, so I would assume they take international subs until told otherwise.

Overall, they appear to be a fairly standard successful UK agency.
    Last edited by EMaree; 05-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.
    Website/Blog | Twitter | Instagram (Dog Pics!)
    New avatar by Britt. Still the same teademon.

WIP1
    GB (Scottish MG Fantasy) | WIP2 DtS (M/M British Urban Fantasy)
    Resting: Giant Robots Project