• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Christian Faith Publishing

VictoriaWrites

Typing away...
Registered
Reaction score
I saw a commercial about these folks, and I thought I'd check to see if we had anything on them here.

The website pitched them as a kind of agent, who gets manuscripts in front of Christian publishers (or so it seemed to me), but that doesn't seem to match their website to me.

http://www.christianfaithpublishing.com/home/

I have no interest in writing for the Christian market, but I thought we should probably have a thread on them.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Vanity publisher, by the look of things.

How much might this cost me if my book is accepted?

While the investment required of our accepted authors to bring a book to the world-wide market varies based upon the intricacies of each book, all of our authors are fortunate enough to undertake the production, distribution and marketing of their book via an affordable and manageable monthly fee which is recovered by the author before we are entitled to any royalty compensation whatsoever!

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
Ads for writers on TV would certainly imply it is Vanity publishing and just recently I've started seeing a lot of these ads on TLC. The most telling is the owner video describing "what is self publishing". The usual misinformation and put downs of Commercial publishers are spoken (to build up their method), but he actually DOES say you would be self publishing with CFP. Elsewhere on their site, there is mention of financial contribution to the publishing but no figure amount. Still, though the writer pays, they, the press, take a portion of any book sales as well, so it's not strictly self publishing as we understand it.
https://www.christianfaithpublishing.com/publishing-process/

Both of the addresses given (US and Canada) for CFP are the same as for this "self publishing" company, Fulton Books. Fulton though does have a price per package listing on their site, http://fultonbooks.com/pricing-tables.php
I don't know if the two just share office space, or if CFP is the newer branch/christian imprint of sorts, of Fulton.

Last edited:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Affordable monthly plan? Um, no. Hell no. I would run so fast and so far away from these people. Big red flag is that they are a Christian publisher, and want money. Scam artists pick out Christian people cause, thinking they are gullible and naive. I was duped once, and they were a Christian publisher too. I was a green horn when I first started. You are better off self publishing and figuring out the marketing somehow. This, IMO, is not the road you want to go down. So many authors end up miserable afterwards, complaining about everything you can imagine. It will put a big crimp in your hopes, I'll tell ya that much.

Beware, check thoroughly, up down and sideways before you sign anything. You sound eager to do this. Never rush in to anything, especially when it comes to signing, and paying for something. And monthly? Again. HELL NO.

Good luck on your decision. Ask every question possible. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's your choice.

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Christian Faith Publishing popped up on Victoria Strauss' radar in 2017.

What do authors get for these enormous fees? Basically, an assisted self-publishing-style service that’s little different from the packages offered by companies like Outskirts Press or the imprints in the Author Solutions family. Naive writers may not realize this, though, because CFP is careful not only to style itself a “publisher”, but to promise that it is “very selective” and that authors will have “availability” in “retail…sales outlets”. Its salespeople call themselves “Literary Agents.” Its TV commercials and web ads never mention money. And though its website does disclose that authors must pay, this is buried in the FAQ section and thus easy to miss. Put these misleading elements together with the fact that Christian writers are more likely to trust a company that self-identifies as Christian, and you have a perfect honey trap.
This is the first post I've read by Victoria Strauss and I like her.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As do we all, but did anybody notice that the last post in this thread before these recent posts was Christmas Eve, 2016?

Let's not necro posts unless we have something new to add.

Reactions: Nether

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
A mite late for the OP perhaps, but adding personal experiences and discussing why things ain't right keeps it fresh for the next to come along.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Which is apparently what’s happened. Carry on, everyone. (And thanks for the heads-up.)
Sorry, boss -- maybe merge into here some of the posts from this thread? It has taken a turn from discussing vanity presses in general to this one specific press.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(I ported that whole thread to this board and urged those who wanted to continue discussing that vanity press to come here, providing a link.)

Reactions: byarvin