Searching funds for a literary project:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albdantesque

Banned
Reaction score
Hello,

My country is one of the most corrupted in Europe. The funds that are supposed to help artists go to already established writers (usually writers who are members of the one or the other political party and who by no means are in need of money). There are some funds from EU that supposedly help writers in my country, but again the committees who select the winners should speak the language of my country (hence, committees are corrupted, though the funds come from a third party). Under such conditions, I thought a literary project that would make young writers create short fiction against corruption (I am willing to discuss the details of this project in private only). This year, I am going to pay the winner 300$ for his short story, publish it in a literary journal through my acquaintances and get translated it into English. But, I am wondering if there might be some organization that could help me. My project possibly could interest British or American foundations (as I said, I can give details in private only). The money do not need be distributed by me, if there is any interested organization. What I think is that if this organization could fund my project with 3000$, I can make some young writers create against corruption for 10 years in a row.

Is there anyone who could help me with this project or show me where may I apply for funds?

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I think the proposal might be better coming from your friend with the literary journal since he is already part of the literary scene in your country. You could make the proposal from both of you, but no one is just going to hand over $3,000 just because you have a plan in mind. Even if it's a great plan, just who the application is coming from can make a difference. And I wouldn't ask for money that you think will fund your project for ten years. If you demonstrate that your concept is working first, you might have a better shot.

I used to work for a European publication that I know got grants to pay writers, but it was very specific as to who was going to be writing and what they would be writing about. I know at least one of the grants came from America, but I don't know any of the specifics.

I am all for taking a stand against corruption, but artists grants are pretty competitive no matter where you are.

Albdantesque

Banned
Reaction score
I think the proposal might be better coming from your friend with the literary journal since he is already part of the literary scene in your country. You could make the proposal from both of you, but no one is just going to hand over $3,000 just because you have a plan in mind. Even if it's a great plan, just who the application is coming from can make a difference. And I wouldn't ask for money that you think will fund your project for ten years. If you demonstrate that your concept is working first, you might have a better shot.

I used to work for a European publication that I know got grants to pay writers, but it was very specific as to who was going to be writing and what they would be writing about. I know at least one of the grants came from America, but I don't know any of the specifics.

I am all for taking a stand against corruption, but artists grants are pretty competitive no matter where you are.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.