MayNoWriMo 2016 - Time to Shake Your Darling Buds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Protag #2 does eventually need to hear and have a reaction to what's happened (what he needs to tell her is stuff that might affect her decision to stay with him), but I decided she stops Protag #1 from telling her everything RIGHT NOW because he's a physical and mental wreck. She tells him explanations can wait until he's better. That way it's not intruding on their finally getting their Love Shit together, and I can start the next chapter with the two of them post-explanation, thereby getting her reaction without rehashing the whole damn plot again.

Thanks for the input, Beans & chompers. You're the best.

Last edited:

Ancoelle

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, took a few breaks off after Camp. Time to dive back in!

This month's goals are:

• 10k words for WIP, for a total of 70k
  • Read four books
  • Start plotting book 2

This may be hard because it is the end of school and I have a lot of work to do before classes end. But maybe it's actually achievable, because all the plot points are coming together and stuff is getting exciting.

Okay, so I'm only going to get about 66k words total for the month. Took a long break because the end of school has been super busy. But I am happy with how much I've read in the time, and I had a major breakthrough in plotting book 2, so I'll call this month a mild success. In a few days when school ends I can finally pour on the gas and light this baby ablaze. :)

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Goals:

1) Write 20k. Completed! 22k.
2) Read 3 books. Completed! Read 10(!) books.
3) Finish one video game. Completed! Finished Tomb Raider and Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star.
4) Make some art. Completed-sort-of. Got some rough sketches in but nothing I'm happy enough to display on social media. Gotta work harder at this.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't finish my single goal for the month (to finish the rough draft of my current WIP), but since I finally broke through on the place where I was stuck, and am actually now in a mindset where I can't wait to sit down and write some more, I'm calling May a win. And, of course, carrying that May goal over into June. See you in next month's thread.

sierrawrites13

Registered
Reaction score
Goals
1. Complete part of my WIP third draft. This includes writing new chapters and adding to old ones. (12/18 chapters completed)
2. Complete a minor line edit for my WIP. (due May 31)
3. Ship my WIP to my betas. (due June 1)
​Postponed until June

Okay, I finished only one goal for this month....almost. Although I didn't progress as much as I wanted to, rewriting 12 chapters in a month full of work, travel, moves, and finals is pretty good!

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
This month's goals are simple:

• Finish 10 scenes and/or current MS Done!
  • Beta read MS Done!

If goal is met before the end of the month:
  • Plot one of the two next ideas 1/2 done? I did the summary, and I'm mid scene list.
  • Apply Hexes revisions I did three pages. I am the worst.
  • Work on #SFFPit pitches I wrote two. I don't know if I'll participate though.

I didn't do too badly. I will really,really apply all of my revision notes this week, while I'm traveling for a wedding. I really will, I swear.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Well, let's see how this went...

May Goals:

• Train and try out Dragon Dictate
  • Refine and make time to implement new writing process
  • Clean my office
  • Start a garden, or at least dig up all the weeds that have grown where it should go
Constant Goals:

• Continue to work on getting writing in earlier in the day
  • Work on shifting wake-up & go-to-sleep times
  • Catch up on Marvel shows (Jessica Jones, Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil S2.)
  • Keep writing streak going (5/12 months so far)

Well, that's some progress (italics) on a bunch and nothing completely finished (partials in strike-though). Whee!

I guess, as per usual, I'm going to be bumping a bunch of these :tongue

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Got Sandman read. Was gorgeous. Now want to reread the rest. Fixed up one short and drafted a bunch of drabbles so I'm counting that as completed.

Really don't know how I feel about May overall.

1. Edit four chapters book 2. 4/4
2. Edit/fix two shorts. 2/2
3a. Agent List. haha no.
3b. Send more queries dammit. see above
4. Read four books. 3/4
5. Min 500 words or 2 pages per day. Yep.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Wrote 2,000 over the weekend. Most progress I've made in a long time. But I did sit down and THINK about the story, so things should be moving along faster now.

Status
Not open for further replies.