A Boycott Against Target

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
By "heat" I don't just mean whiny, bitchy facebook posts, Don. I also mean losing dollars. Over half a million people have signed the pledge to quit shopping at Target. Clearly not that many people will, and many more who signed might not even be Target shoppers. But I do think there are some who will follow through, at least for a while.

Good riddance to them.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Thinks like this--indeed, the great majority of activism-inspired events*--make me wonder why people can't find a hobby they can do on their own. And not bother other people just trying to live their lives.

* Not "all," just "most."
I saw this and thought of you.

Stop20Cats_zps8424osrg.jpg

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
There are also rare circumstances where cisgender people have the wrong sex put on their birth certificate due to clerical errors. There are also cases where intersex people are assigned a sex that isn't actually very accurate.

So theoretically, it's possible for a woman who was born with female reproductive organs to be legally required to use the men's room, and vice versa.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. I posted that yesterday. Glad to see it's gone national. Local media called it a "rebuke" against Target.

I am so glad the people of Oxford will be safer now that people like this man will be forced to use the women's restroom. :sarcasm

Then there is this:

A video posted online on Wednesday reportedly captures a group of police officers harassing a gay woman inside a public womens’ restroom, ultimately ordering her out believing her to be a man.

According to Complex, the video showing the unidentified woman’s encounter with the officers was posted by blogger Tamara McDaniel.

Tried to find a more mainstream news source, so take it with a grain of salt.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
That Rep thinks going to the bathroom is a choice???? Is he on crack? Nobody chooses to pee. It's just what happens to your body eventually, after you drink water.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Animator Tex Avery would regularly work eight, ten, twelve hours shifts without taking potty breaks. One night, he had to be taken to the ER and have a catheter inserted because when he tried to go, it didn't happen. MORAL OF THE STORY: Go to the potty, already.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe this legislator knows something we don't. I waste so much time going to the bathroom. Maybe I should call and ask how I can opt out of this bathroom thing!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
There are also rare circumstances where cisgender people have the wrong sex put on their birth certificate due to clerical errors. There are also cases where intersex people are assigned a sex that isn't actually very accurate.

So theoretically, it's possible for a woman who was born with female reproductive organs to be legally required to use the men's room, and vice versa.

I confess were I targeted, I'd insist on a chromosome check, at the state's expense.

Said check starts at around $300.00

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
Animator Tex Avery would regularly work eight, ten, twelve hours shifts without taking potty breaks. One night, he had to be taken to the ER and have a catheter inserted because when he tried to go, it didn't happen. MORAL OF THE STORY: Go to the potty, already.

This is definitely a known medical syndrome. The walls of the bladder become thickened or trabeculated from infrequent voiding, and then the walls aren't able to contract properly to void. I've seen it called Taxi Cab syndrome, Infrequent Voiders Syndrome and something else that escapes me about workers or something. Ben is correct - the moral of the story is to go to the potty already, heh.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Go forth and pee!

And seriously, do these legislators expect people to use diapers or something? God, what is this country coming to? Are these people seriously talking about laws that require bathroom police?

Last edited:

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
If they're going to be checking genitals, the bathroom police should do something really useful and ensure the loo paper doesn't run out.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
If they're going to be checking genitals, the bathroom police should do something really useful and ensure the loo paper doesn't run out.

Seriously, and how about making sure they're cleaned regularly, and that people lift the seat if they're not sitting, and they wash their hands before going back to work, and they don't hog the paper towel, and...

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Seriously, and how about making sure they're cleaned regularly, and that people lift the seat if they're not sitting, and they wash their hands before going back to work, and they don't hog the paper towel, and...

This would be a much better use of resources.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website