Hey!

JGRouse

Registered
Reaction score
I am excited to find this place. An agent suggested I check it out in a rejection letter. I sent it to her too early, I hope I did not insult her. Anyway, that is why I am here. I need to learn more about the business and get stronger as a writer. I look forward to exploring the resources here, the agent warned me to be tough-skinned.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice introduction, JG. Kind moderators will drop by to welcome you and point you to get-acquainted stuff. To me, sounds like the agent loves you dearly and wants to adopt. The agents I insult never respond. :greenie Yours offered sound advice.

The tough skin may be handy after you build up fifty good posts and can offer your writing in certain forums for critiques.

:welcome:!

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, JGRouse.

JGRouse

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Chase. It was nice getting the rejection. Does that make me a sadist? I have gotten two rejection letters in a row. I have trickled out a few queries after reading in a million places not to do that until all is spit-shined and polished. You'd think at 45, one would be a little more disciplined.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Fruitbat.

Elvis Michael

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, JG.
That little rejection will only make you stronger in the future. I mean, look where it got you already (in this amazing corner of the world wide web).
Blessing in disguise, really :)

Elvis

JGRouse

Registered
Reaction score
It seems to be a blessing. I am a member of another online writing site, It makes you wait sometimes a week to post. I like it, but I am way too ADD for that. Here you have to wait, but that is OK as long as I have somewhere to write. I think this will be a great place for someone like me to learn.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

JGRouse

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Echoverse.

- - - Updated - - -

Will do Reddog

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome JG. It happens to a lot of writers--excitement or whatever the motivation outruns patience--but at least you received advice from the agent. Now get better and give the next set of agents no chance to reject you. Which genre and age group is the novel you are querying?

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler. :welcome: