RIP Prince

bombergirl69

Registered
Reaction score
Really, there isn't anyone who can touch Prince for just raw talent - guitar, piano, bass, drums, lyricist, poet, performer and just...artist. I love what someone who worked for him said, that as far as his life, he left nothing on the table. He lived to the fullest, and that's no small thing. The world sure does seem less bright, though.

Slate has been running some good articles on him - this one touches on what others have - his generosity http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat...s_even_when_his_name_wasn_t_on_the_songs.html

and this one on Prince and sex http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/23/arts/music/prince-sex.html?_r=0

A very hard loss.

Axl Prose

Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Sinead O'Connor and she pulled my heart out the way she always does singing that. It was the perfect song for her and she sang it with real heart. Oy oy oy.....
Wasn't it perfect for her? Like her and that song were made for each other.

You know one of my favorite Prince songs that doesn't get much love? 7.

bombergirl69

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, great interview, but tears me up. I so get that "what could we have done?" part. Just hate that it looks like he died alone in an elevator. Alone! Of course, my hope is that he was not alone spiritually, but still, with so many who loved him. I do love that Van Jones talks about the other aspects of the man, not just his music, but his music was, of course, just out of this world.

bombergirl69

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Stevie for sure, but (and who can really say this? Just opinion!!) I think Prince had it over Stevie. I'm biased. I really liked Stevie, but Prince...blew me away.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, great interview, but tears me up. I so get that "what could we have done?" part. Just hate that it looks like he died alone in an elevator. Alone! Of course, my hope is that he was not alone spiritually, but still, with so many who loved him. I do love that Van Jones talks about the other aspects of the man, not just his music, but his music was, of course, just out of this world.

Yeah, that was very touching. Broke me up when I saw it live. All the simple things are true. All you need is love, love is the answer, the greatest thing you ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Why is it so seldom that we remember this? People like Prince, Stevie Wonder, a lot of great music and art, reminds us, I think. It just reminds us what matters, what's important in life.

bombergirl69

Registered
Reaction score
so true and we really get that point driven home when someone like this dies. Seems like someone working to make the world a better place (and most surely did!) Just left much, much, MUCH too soon.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Definitely. It's the same when people in our lives pass. Friends, family, even acquaintances. I guess we're too busy going about the business of life, striving, making money, that we forget that we all come from the same place, we're all headed to the same place, we're really not all that different regardless of walks of life, we all need the same things. There's much less separating us than we have in common. It's such a shame, I guess, that we spend much of our lives off the mark.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Ha, sorry guys, didn't mean to preach. But just imagine a world where you didn't have to grab.