2 questions: 1 on rep pt notification and the other on permission groups

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Techie-techs,

1st question: I somehow turned off the popup notifications for rep points. I'd like to turn it back on as I missed a few that were questions, and I feel like a slacker for answering them so late.

2nd question: This is more complicated, at least to me.
I changed my email address, confirmed it, then lost permission to do anything on the board, even searching for the solution. :(

After the email was confirmed I got a quick message displayed saying something like my first and second permissions groups couldn't be the same thing and I needed to change them. (The message went by fast). I dunno what those are. I ended up going back to my old email address and reconfirming it, and everything was okay.

Any idea what I need to do?

Sincerely,
Not-a-techie-tech

tiggs

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Techie-techs,

1st question: I somehow turned off the popup notifications for rep points. I'd like to turn it back on as I missed a few that were questions, and I feel like a slacker for answering them so late.
The 1st one I can answer -- if you click on settings (top right, next to 'log out'), you'll see all the latest Rep messages you've received. They only pop up once, I believe.

Southpaw

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They did, 'er they use to, pop up once to notify me, but now they don't pop up at all.

ETA: the pop up is helpful 'cause otherwise I don't look. I just happen to need to look up what someone had mentions in a rep point and saw the questions.

Last edited:

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
At the top of every page you'll see "Welcome, Southpaw Notifications My Profile Settings Logout"

New PMs and reps show under Notifications. You'll see I just sent you a test PM and a rep.

Click on Settings to see a list of reps you've received, followed by a list of reps you've given.

hth

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
When a member changes their email address they must confirm that they really did it by clicking a link sent to them.

If you don't confirm that change, you're in Account Limbo until I make my next pass looking for people in Account limbo.

If you're in Account Limbo you're not going to see Notifications.

You are no longer in Account Limbo (waiting for email confirmation); I've checked and you're good to go.

Go ahead and change your email address if you'd like and I'll keep an eye on your account to make sure you're all set.

You can always reach help, even if you can't log in, by using the Contact Us link on the bottom of any forum page.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did try the 'contact us', but never heard back so I reset my email to my old address and things worked again. Both old and new accounts were confirmed. It was after the account was confirmed I got the groups message. I'm going to change the email address again now, perhaps I clicked something I wasn't suppose to. :)

Southpaw

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Lisa! That fixed me up.

cmhbob, it probably should be mine too but I see threads with new comments first 'cause it's at the top and start there. Then all is lost! :)

Last edited: