Get Ready for ‪#‎PitDark‬ (May 12) – 25+ Agents and Editors Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatesPast

Registered
Reaction score
#PitDark is the first and only Twitter pitch event to highlight literature of a “darker” nature. This is not limited to horror works; however, any pitched manuscript must contain an element of horror or darker writing. Examples of such categories include pure horror novels, dark fantasy, murder mysteries, psychological horror stories, etc. YA, NA, and Adult age categories are welcome.

#PitDark is scheduled for May 12, 2016. For #PitDark rules, as well as a running list of agents and publishers who have confirmed participation in #PitDark, please visit: www.JasonHuebinger.com/pitdark. Also, if you are an agent, publisher, or editor who would like to participate in #PitDark, please let me know and I will list you on the Rules page.

Last edited:

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Hmmm....looks interesting. I've even got a manuscript that's polished and finished (if I can keep from tinkering with it). Almost wish I had my second one ready. Going to be fun trying to squeeze all that into one tweet.

#PitDark #A #PNH

That's already down to 124 characters.

Ah. Found a nice little resource for Twitter Pitches!

Last edited:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
One of my tweets just got a like from an agent. According to the directions, an agent has to favorite your tweet to request. So does that mean a request, or is it just a like?

*is probably overthinking this*

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Just sent in my first pitch! ....and already thinking I could have made it better. Crap! Oh well, I can rework it and try again next hour.

Saorise: Check their main Twitter page, whoever it was that "liked" it. They should have a post somewhere saying what to do next, where to find their submission guidelines, etc. I've seen a few like that under the #PitDark tag.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
One of my tweets just got a like from an agent. According to the directions, an agent has to favorite your tweet to request. So does that mean a request, or is it just a like?

YES! You're supposed to go look up their guidelines and send them a query. I think you just reference that they favorited your #pitdark tweet so it catches their eye. :idea: Though, I'm a little unsure if you're supposed to send them a full too...is that what the "like" means??

I don't have much experience with twitter pitching. Maybe someone else can answer.

ETA: I think it's just query with the mention of the "like" so it catches their eye. Just looked at an agent tweet where they said follow their guidelines and send first ten pages.

But congrats!

Last edited:

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Just got my first Fave--WOOOO!!! (Confirming second pitch was better. Good call, self!)

ETA: Reminder to me and anyone else doing this to RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH before submitting anything.

Last edited:

FatesPast

Registered
Reaction score

Haha, yes. Like = favorite. I wrote the Rules before Twitter changed favorites to likes.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Rhoda!

My only likes so far have been spam, I think. :tongue
Same for me so far. Well, and one "like" from one of my followers who didn't understand the rules. Tried to sort her out as gently as possible.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I couldn't tweet every hour due to work, just posted my 4th one of the day actually.

So far, I have two friends, one spam, one random like, and one favorite from a literary agency. Also, 4 new followers. :p

Meh. Wish I'd had more than one book available.

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
Diddly squat here. It could be a number of factors. I only tweeted three times. My pitches were not bad but nothing mindblowingly awesome, and could probably use some polishing. Also, adult fantasy was not getting a lot of action in terms of volume of pitches or requests of said pitches, compared to other categories. I'm wondering if I'd have better luck during upcoming #PitMad or #SFFPit events.

That said, 2-3 agents I intended to query soon said they would be looking at pitches here. Since the event is still technically going on for another hour, I'm trying not to read anything into the apparent lack of interest.

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
That's a bummer, Shaun. Looks like this summer's going to be full of pitch events though. Plenty of other chances!

Status
Not open for further replies.