Get Ready for ‪#‎PitDark‬ (May 12) – 25+ Agents and Editors Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Diddly squat here. It could be a number of factors. I only tweeted three times. My pitches were not bad but nothing mindblowingly awesome, and could probably use some polishing. Also, adult fantasy was not getting a lot of action in terms of volume of pitches or requests of said pitches, compared to other categories. I'm wondering if I'd have better luck during upcoming #PitMad or #SFFPit events.

That said, 2-3 agents I intended to query soon said they would be looking at pitches here. Since the event is still technically going on for another hour, I'm trying not to read anything into the apparent lack of interest.
I think some agents will be going through the pitches later still. It's possible they couldn't watch the hashtag all day. I think that's partly why the genre and age range hashtags are so relevant. Easier for them to sort through it all later and pick what they like??

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Hugs to those that were a bust. I did notice the lack of interest in some. Only a few I saw got high favorites. I tweeted about 5x -- roughly every 2 hours. I got two favorites from good agents (!) and one from a publisher that's not very reputable. So, I'm two ahead where I was before. Not bad for my first!

There are more events coming, so more chances!

Last edited:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Yeah, there really weren't that many "liked." Considering how many were actually spam especially. So I really think agents will be going through it later. Good luck to everyone still! And congrats everyone who got one!

Last edited:

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
I think some agents will be going through the pitches later still. It's possible they couldn't watch the hashtag all day. I think that's partly why the genre and age range hashtags are so relevant. Easier for them to sort through it all later and pick what they like??

That was another thought I had. I can see them wanting to wait until the end of the day and filtering their search then. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next day or so.

At any rate, it was a good experience. This was my first pitch event, so I wasn't expecting to knock it out of the park by any means.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
One more overnight like, from a small pub. Heading to BR & BC to check them out.

ETA: and that's a nope. Oh, well. At least I got one good like. The first pitmad I did I got crickets.

Last edited:

FatesPast

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who participated in #PitDark!

We are considering making it a bi-annual event (May and October). I'd love to hear your thoughts on whether #PitDark should be annual or bi-annual. Thanks!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Thank you for organizing it. That took a LOT of work.

My opinionated opinion for what it's worth: These Twitter pitch events are increasing exponentially. I'd inquire of the agents and publishers if they're getting fatigued with the concept, thus making twice-a-year too much for them to deal with. Once a year seems like a good idea--after all, it takes awhile to write and edit a book to the point where it's ready for the pros to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.