Manson Family Member May Get Parole

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Van Houten was again recommended for parole. The new gov., Gavin Newsom, will decide whether to let her go this time. Jerry Brown blocked her release a few years ago.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've thought for years she deserved parole. What she did was horrible, but plenty of people do vaguely equally terrible things and get out, and she's done a lot of good while incarcerated.

Anything's possible, but it seems unlikely someone who has spent 46 years on the straight-and-narrow will get out and turn to the dark side (which, as above, she did at 19, influenced by drugs and a good influencer).

The male Family members never seemed to get as much attention as the women, and I don't recall much fanfare upon their parole.

The women tattooed Xs on their foreheads. When I visited a boyfriend in LA County jail there were a couple of them in the visitors' area waiting to visit someone, not sure if it was Manson or someone else. It was close to when he was convicted and moved to the state jail. I have weird memories from those days.

Not sure the guys in that group made themselves so 'dedicated'. I agree parole sounds appropriate.

I'm surprised Brown denied her parole.

Last edited: