The Dark Souls Series (Dark Souls 3 on Tuesday!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt T.

Registered
Reaction score
So, with Dark Souls 3 coming out on Tuesday, I thought I'd see if there were any fans of Bloodborne and the Souls series here.

I have a bit of a love and hate relationship with the series and haven't fully decided whether or not to get Dark Souls 3 on launch day. I played Demon's Souls, a little of Dark Souls 1, some of Dark Souls 2, and all of Bloodborne. The obscurity of certain parts of it bugs me a lot, but there's simply nothing like them out there on the market. The combat is simply superb, and the atmosphere is like no other. Bloodborne is my favorite so far, but I'm thinking of going back to the first two Dark Souls games sometime.

Any thoughts on the series? Are any of you picking up Dark Souls 3 when it releases?

ThatsWhatSheaSaid

Registered
Reaction score
I did not play it myself, but I watched my husband punish himself by playing Dark Souls II. Gotta give mad props to the guy who played it with with only a Guitar Hero guitar haha.

TheCthultist

Kept ya waiting, huh?
Registered
Reaction score
Well damn, I was away for AW for a few months and totally missed out on the hype for Dark Souls III in here.

I've been a huge fan of the series since Demons' Souls and ended up getting DSIII a few weeks early through the Japanese PS4 store. The game was fantastic and, having played back through it a few times in English now, I can safely say it's my favorite in the entire series. Bloodborne will always hold a special place in my heart thanks to its cosmic horror storyline and imagery, but this was just the most perfect way to tie up the DS series that it couldn't not be my favorite.

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been able to play it (I don't own a PS4), but two of my friends own it and beat it. One beat it in front of me, actually. That was quite the night.

Looked pretty good, fun, and challenging (which doubles the fun). Might look for the old ones for PS3, want to give them a go.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I've been re-grinding my way through Dark Souls 1!

It's fun! But hard. But fun! But hard. But fun! But...hard...

But fun!

melvin91

Registered
Reaction score
Bump.

Longtime souls fan here. I've gotten the Plat trophy on all six games, counting DS2 twice, on PS3 and PS4. Probably my favorite is DS2, the PS4 version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.