Kindle Scout Promotion.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Kindle Scout is a program where you can submit a finished MS to them, and they put up a campaign. People can go on their site and read a sample, and then if they like it, nominate it. There's no charge to the reader to do this and if they pick your book, the author gets offered a contract with an advance and they do some promo.

While they don't base their decisions on who to offer to on the nominations alone, the more you get the better. After all, I could write a sucky book and have tons of friends who nominate it so it's hot and trending up the wazzo. Or I might write a great book but be a wallflower.

There's a thread on Kindle Scout itself. So I'm not asking for opinions on the program here.

I decided to take a chance and go for it. My campaign has started now.

Promoting this is a little different because you're not asking for people to actually buy it. Just go to the site and nominate it. It's free and they may get the book for free. (Anyone who nominates it gets an advance copy for free and are invited to leave reviews.)

So far, I've been putting it on Facebook Book advertising sites and tweeting it like a madman, using banners I created on picmonkey. I put in on tumblr too. I even have hand outs I'm giving to people in my office asking them to do it.

Can anyone think of another way to try and drive it?

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
If you think you can get 100 people involved, try a free Thunderclap. I've known some big-time authors to do this Scout. William Bernhardt's book about pro poker players was one. He did really well with it. Best of luck.

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
Kindle Scout

Has anyone else chosen to try this out? If you're not familiar with Kindle Scout, you can learn more here.

I decided to submit one of my latest books, Marrying Mandy, to Kindle Scout. It has 17 days left, and with the exception of that first day, has managed to stay on the Hot & Trending list.

So while I try to wait patiently, I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone else has gone through Kindle Scout. What's your experience been? How long after the end of the campaign was it before you heard from Amazon one way or the other? If you have a book published this way, how has it done?

Thanks in advance!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's a pre-existing thread about Kindle Scout here.

There are also a number of Kindle Scout threads in the Announcements, Events and Book Promotion subforum. You might want to check those out.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Going to merge this with the extant thread.

Please do not move around the transport while in motion.