Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
<<Updating list: Me, Aston, Birol, Mac, Spooky and Jen>>

Aston pointed out an important detail, so here's a revised list:

Me and Mr. Ol' Fashioned Girl, Mr. and Mrs. Astonwest, Birol, Mac, Spooky and Jen...

You last four bringing SO, spouse or a main squeeze if this thing ever really gets off the launch pad (that last was a tip of the hat to our resident space pirate...) :> ?

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
Hey, if everyone is going to Oklahoma, just show up at my mom's house (she's in a burb of OKC). She'll feed everyone...again and again and again.

===============

Oh, one warning though, even the air at her house has more calories than anywhere else on the planet. Yumm, warm home-made chocolate chip cookies with Oklahoma paper shell pecans, Mrs. Fields Pecan Pie, chicken and dumplings, chicken friend steak, mashed potatoes (made with whipping cream), yikes...must quit thinking about mom's food, gaining weight already.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Hello. Late to the thread but thinking, hmmm. If you've got room for one more? Can't commit until I know the date - I have some other obligations around the same time as the East Coast meet.

Plus Aston said he'd introduce me to Vladrian liquor if I came out that way.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
threedogpeople said:
Hey, if everyone is going to Oklahoma, just show up at my mom's house (she's in a burb of OKC). She'll feed everyone...again and again and again.

===============

Oh, one warning though, even the air at her house has more calories than anywhere else on the planet. Yumm, warm home-made chocolate chip cookies with Oklahoma paper shell pecans, Mrs. Fields Pecan Pie, chicken and dumplings, chicken friend steak, mashed potatoes (made with whipping cream), yikes...must quit thinking about mom's food, gaining weight already.

Um... can I go there now? Do I have to wait for the gathering? :>

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Dawno said:
Hello. Late to the thread but thinking, hmmm. If you've got room for one more? Can't commit until I know the date - I have some other obligations around the same time as the East Coast meet.

Plus Aston said he'd introduce me to Vladrian liquor if I came out that way.

How could I exclude She of the Sparkly Ears? You ARE going to wear them, right? :) We'll pick a date after Jenna sets the East Coast Gathering.

Latest list: Me and Mr. Ol' Fashioned Girl, Mr. and Mrs. Astonwest, Birol, Mac, Spooky, Jen and Dawno!

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
How could I exclude She of the Sparkly Ears? You ARE going to wear them, right? :) We'll pick a date after Jenna sets the East Coast Gathering.

Latest list: Me and Mr. Ol' Fashioned Girl, Mr. and Mrs. Astonwest, Birol, Mac, Spooky, Jen and Dawno!
Dawno has no choice w/ the ears. Not supposed to tell, but I trust you, Ol'--she had them surgically attached. Grafted right on, permanent like. So, yup, she will definitely be wearing them
smile.gif

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
astonwest said:
Is this on the same weekend every year? Might be something to think about for next year.

Kinda sorta almost maybe.

It's always the first weekend in May, unless that happens to be Mother's Day like last year, then it's either a week before or after.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
You last four bringing SO, spouse or a main squeeze if this thing ever really gets off the launch pad (that last was a tip of the hat to our resident space pirate...) :> ?

I don't have an SO or main squeeze, unforunately. However, since I don't drive, I'll be bringing whoever drives me. lol.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
threedogpeople said:

===============

Speaking of paper shell pecans, we have two of those trees in our backyard. I'm sure going to miss them when we move! (We will eventually, I hope, since this house is too small for us.)

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:

Yay! Dawno!!! :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
JenNipps said:
I don't have an SO or main squeeze, unforunately. However, since I don't drive, I'll be bringing whoever drives me. lol.

New Latest list: Me and Mr. Ol' Fashioned Girl, Mr. and Mrs. Astonwest, Birol, Mac, Spooky, Jen and her Chauffeur and Dawno!

Last edited:

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
Um... can I go there now? Do I have to wait for the gathering? :>

Sure - it's always open house at my mom's; except you need to time it just right, since he retired my dad has been doing some of the cooking (although his deviled eggs are great!).

BTW - they are in Edmond.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
I know of a Broken Bow, Nebraska and a Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, but didn't realize there was also a Broken Bow, Oklahoma...

How long before we know when this event will be taking place?

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
May fifth and sixth WHERE? I live in near NW Oklahoma City right on the edge of Bethany.

I too, must admit a certain distaste at rooting for anyone in the OU/UT match ups. I went to the UT system and had to sign the pledge to hate Aggies and Sooners forever and ever. But my wife thumps me in the head when I root for Texas - she was born in Stillwater, OK the home of OSU where her father graduated and she actually WENT to OU for awhile.

I will be there if at all possible, if I know where it is being held. How much does it cost?

Regards,
Scott

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
astonwest said:
I know of a Broken Bow, Nebraska and a Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, but didn't realize there was also a Broken Bow, Oklahoma...

Broken Arrow is the one near Tulsa and Broken Bow is WAY down in the SE corner - closer by far to McAllister than to OKC. ;)

How long before we know when this event will be taking place?[/QUOTE]

Waiting for the decision on when the New York shindig takes place... then we'll try to figure out when this one'll be.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Popeyesays said:
I will be there if at all possible, if I know where it is being held. How much does it cost?

So far, all we've decided on is breakfast. ;>

Newest New Latest list: Me and Mr. Ol' Fashioned Girl, Mr. and Mrs. Astonwest, Birol, Mac, Spooky, Jen and her Chauffeur, Dawno and Mr. and Mrs. Popeyesays!

Cost? I'm thinkin' I can handle twelve folks for breakfast. Any other costs will likely be determined by what y'all want to do when we're done eatin'... that is, if you can manage to get to your feet with your belly full! :>

Do y'all want to try to organize this around some kind of event here in the city? There's a Fall Arts Festival in Septemberish, at one of the colleges. There's always the OKC Bombing Memorial. Or we can sit around and bore our SOs to tears as they listen to us commiserate with one another about being writers - or maybe they could have a break-out group to commiserate with one another about being in love WITH writers...

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Popeyesays said:
May fifth and sixth WHERE? I live in near NW Oklahoma City right on the edge of Bethany.

I too, must admit a certain distaste at rooting for anyone in the OU/UT match ups. I went to the UT system and had to sign the pledge to hate Aggies and Sooners forever and ever. But my wife thumps me in the head when I root for Texas - she was born in Stillwater, OK the home of OSU where her father graduated and she actually WENT to OU for awhile.

Regards,
Scott

Referring to the conference?

May 5 & 6 at Embassy Suites on South Meridian. It's a 2-day event. Registration starts about 7-ish Friday morning. (Yep, I'm helping at registration this year.) For both days, it's $150, including a ticket to the banquets. The Friday night banquet has a keynote speaker. The Saturday night banquet is the awards banquet for the contest (deadline was in February).

There's a schedule, registration form, etc., on the website at www.owfi.org. I have the info downloaded on my computer, too, if for some reason you can't get to the site and want the info.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
Do y'all want to try to organize this around some kind of event here in the city? There's a Fall Arts Festival in Septemberish, at one of the colleges.
September would be good for me, or most any time after. Just not August...too much crap going on in August.
Or we can sit around and bore our SOs to tears as they listen to us commiserate with one another about being writers - or maybe they could have a break-out group to commiserate with one another about being in love WITH writers...
My wife will bored to tears whatever happens, so... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.