The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Indian University Press

Mired in the miry mire. leifwright's Avatar

Indian University Press

A college press in my hometown is now open to submissions for nonfiction and fiction manuscripts. Here's the press release they sent my newspaper:

MUSKOGEE, OKLA. - March 21, 2016

Bacone College is pleased to announce the Editorial Board of Indian University Press is accepting nonfiction and fiction manuscripts for consideration from authors whose manuscripts meet one of the following conditions:
    --a regional (eastern Oklahoma, western Arkansas) focus,
    --or a focus on American Indian affairs,
    --or have a unique point of view on higher education, history, the social sciences, or the humanities.

Please go the the Indian University Press website for more information: http://www.bacone.edu/indian-university-press/
    Now, I've never heard of their press before, so I'll try to do a little research on whether they actually have marketing, distribution, editing, and all the other things you expect from a publisher in place.

I'm not interested in subbing to them, since my only completed manuscripts are under contract, but I thought I'd put this out there to see if anyone else has heard anything about them or wants to sub to them or research them.

Mired in the miry mire. leifwright's Avatar
    I forgot to mention that, while I'm unfamiliar with the press, I'm familiar with the college, a well-funded private college that continues to expand and improve, even during the economic downturn.

I don't know if that passes over to the press or not.

I'm friends with the college's media person, so I'll ask her if they have any more information about their operation available.