Easter Dinner?

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wondered about the crock pot sogging the crisp on the duck. In any case, I'm abandoning the crock pot and going to do it in the oven. No point in taking chances. I'm getting over the flu so stuck inside anyway. The crock pot was so I could go do other stuff.

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Roasted chicken, grilled aspargus with a Bechemel and sliced hard-boiled eggs on the side, cucumber salad. Ari and Laverne have me itching for something coconutty sweet after, but TerzaRima's Guinness and peeps has me tickled.

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I always do an Easter buffet, even if it's just me. Kielbasa, rye bread, hard boiled eggs, olives, pickles, smoked salmon, sided with different variations ever year. This year includes risotto and sesame asparagus salad.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since Wegman's let me down (they were completely out of duck breasts this week), I popped for a couple of veal chops and pan-seared them, then finished them in the oven and topped them with a shallot/port wine reduction. Accompaniments were roasted asparagus tossed with balsamic vinegar and pan-roasted baby potatoes with garlic butter and chives. We drank a nice Oregon Pinot Noir with dinner, and later we'll finish up with a couple of hot cross buns from our local British pasty place and a plethora of Easter chocolate.

Last edited:

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ritz crackers with goat cheese rolled in herbs. Everything tastes better when it sits on a Ritz.

MM

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
I'm staying with my daughter and son in law so my son in law's mother did Easter dinner this year: Caesar salad, filet mignon, mushroom or horseradish sauce--I chose the horseradish because that was the way my great grandmother served beef, garlic potatoes, grilled zucchini and peppers and strawberry shortcake which is my favorite although Vernie's coconut cake made my mouth water. It was all delicious and no cooking, no dishes! Oh, and wine. Lots of wine. Just put my sugar hopped, over tired grandson to bed and believe me, the wine helped to make my telling of Goldilocks and the 3 Bears a memorable one. "Who's been schleeping in my big bad bed????? Get out of it NOW or I'll blow your bleeping house down! " --s6

Last edited:

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
MaryMumsy, those crackers sound really good.

The Guinness floats were a tremendous success and I made them as follows:

1 bottle cold Guinness
2 large scoops vanilla ice cream
1 teaspoon ground espresso beans
1 tablespoon bottled caramel sauce

Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses. Impale Peeps on cocktail swords and add. Enjoy. Serves 4, or 2 greedy people.