AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you do yoga?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin abbyapplejack's Avatar
    Hot yoga is an experience! I don't mind it, I'd go occasionally. But I much prefer practicing with a mat at home. I can go at my own pace. I feel in classes, everything moves too fast.

Writer of MG, YA and Adult Melody's Avatar
    I do a bit of yoga at home and have been doing so for several years now. I use DVDs by Lilias Folan, so it's pretty basic. Have not tried it in a class setting, but I have several friends who do and love it.
    http://www.melodydelgado.com/ ROYALLY ENTITLED, Historical YA Romance and OOPS-A-DAISY, Humorous MG, published by Clean Reads - Out now on Kobo, B&N and Amazon, etc.

figuring it all out CreativeHeart75's Avatar
    I can't say that I've done yoga but I did start taking a Tai Chi class and I absolutely loved it. I had to stop going because I had booked a surgery and couldn't afford to drive to the class. I miss it very much and hope to go back to it some day. I live in a small rural town and all of these types of things mean driving to the closest city which is about 30 minutes away. Maybe a move closer is in order.
    Last edited by CreativeHeart75; 04-21-2017 at 06:03 PM.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin WritersUnblock's Avatar
    Tried it, didn't like it, tried tai chi, but couldn't memorize it, now I just do the 8 steps of qi gong - good enough for me

But serious props to those who do yoga and tai chi - you have more self discipline than me!

yes I yoga!

Specifically, I do this sequence for my sciatica issues. Once I'm a bit better I'll be doing some more of the beginner stuff.
    We had a free class 2x a week here in my little town but that ended because of summer volleyball practices. Maybe it will start back up later this fall.
    Professional Publication Minion for hire (email me)

FB and ETSY for Shadowflame Designs Beadwork

BLOG

Confessions of a Publishing Minion with beta readers - still needs at least another 15K words

Dragon Masque 44,000/70,000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12