Hello...

cjtait

Registered
Reaction score
I am, quite obviously, new to this forum. And nervously do I introduce myself. My name is Chris Tait, and I live in British Columbia, Canada. It was upon the recommendations of a friend (and forum member here), that I join, and begin the journey of putting my poetry out to the world.
So, I'll do my best to make the 50 post quota before starting to lay down my poems for those of you who care to read them.

Thank you everyone, and I look forward to getting to know many of you here!

Chris

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Chris.

MorganOrion

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Chris! I love tater tots, so your last name makes me hungry. Of course, I've been doing my daily pages since I woke up and have missed two meals so that probably has something to do with it.

As an American, I have to say that I love Canada and Canadians. I've often considered buying a 2nd house there. The only thing missing is the money. ;)

So you're a poet and now we know it. I've written a few books of poetry. One for children and one for adults. The only difficulty I've had is finding anyone who actually reads poetry, haha!

Anyway, nice to meet you and I wish you well with all of your poetical adventures. If you ever find a rhyme for orange, let us know.

Last edited:

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Chris, welcome. I look forward to seeing your poems. Poetry Critique does not have a fifty-post minimum to start, unlike all the other crit rooms, but it's considered good form to comment on others' poems and offer a few crits before posting your own work.

Do visit around the other forums here too; there's a lot to discover. Enjoy!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
welcome, chris. we can always use another poet around here.

a good one can feed 10 people.

Daniel Philippe

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Chris!

Welcome to AW and The Water Cooler! It is great to have you join us and be apart of our community. :)

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's if you throw in a a novelist or two.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Novelists give me indigestion. The great thing about poets is you can just have a nibble when you're not in the mood to glut yourself with a heavy meal.

Oh, and welcome, Chris, to AW and to the poetry forum.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler! :welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

Feel free to stop by Jed's Newbie Pub at the top of the New Members forum. It's a friendly place where you can hang out, have a virtual drink, and strike up a conversation with other members. If you are new to forums in general, or maybe a bit shy about posting, this is a good place to start.

Here's a link to some of the most commonly asked questions in the FAQs, and another for the Absolute Write Dictionary to help you along. And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome friend! No reason to be nervous. We are all pals here.:)

mtnviewco

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy, Chris. I am new too. Love B.C. Have dear friends in Revelstoke. Delighted to meet a poet. For many years I wrote poetry, occasionally still do, and song lyrics. Mostly I write fiction these days.
So, in your poetry, are you a rhymer or a prose-r? Do you poet about nature, people, or ?
Be well, spring is coming.....
mtnviewco