I've done some gaming fanfiction (Dragon Age, Legend of Grimrock)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-X

Registered
Reaction score
Would this be a good thread to post it - if anyone's even interested?

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
Would this be a good thread to post it - if anyone's even interested?

Hey Adam-X! Welcome to AW! Most of us have nothing against fanfiction here, some of us even write it, but I don't think we actually allow it ( mods, please correct me if I'm wrong). This is mostly because there are already dedicated fanfiction sites, and AW is generally geared toward people who want to improve their original fiction. But please stick around!

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Hi Adam. SSM is completely right, fanfiction may not be shared on AW. There's an FAQ explaining admin's reasoning here. As it says, plenty of folks here write or have written fanfiction, so there's no ill will towards it, but AW just isn't the place to share it. Hope you'll stick around and talk games and fiction with us, though. :)

Additionally, if you have original fiction to share, the proper place is the Share Your Work subforum, which you'll be able to make threads in once you've made 50 posts around the forum.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
We don't want to give Mac any additional headaches by making her have to field possible take-down notices due to fanfic posting, so we don't post that kind of story here, but you'll find plenty of folks on the board who both write and enjoy fanfiction.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone already did my job for me.

But yeah, welcome to AW and moreover, welcome to the AW Gaming Subforum! I hope you enjoy your time here - and keep writing fanfiction and regular fiction and...basically everything!

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ah, Legend of Grimrock...got nightmares from those damn spiders, watching the hubby play...

Adam-X

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Thanks for everyone weighing in! I like to ask when I am not certain and do not want to step on toes. :) So good to know!

Wasn't sure if it was permitted and people could pick apart the writing (which I thrive on, because it helps me improve!)

Ah, Legend of Grimrock...got nightmares from those damn spiders, watching the hubby play...

Hah! It's such a fun game! :)

shivadyne

brushing off the diamond dust
Registered
Reaction score
i agree with sunandshadow. if you still want to upload your writing somewhere, i'd totally suggest archiveofourown. i upload most of my fanfiction there and it's a pretty nice website.

Adam-X

Registered
Reaction score
i agree with sunandshadow. if you still want to upload your writing somewhere, i'd totally suggest archiveofourown. i upload most of my fanfiction there and it's a pretty nice website.

So it would appear I _have_ an account on fanfiction.net (tells you how long since I've used it... had to do a password recovery and everything!) I will also check out archiveofourown as well (had never heard of it until sunandshadow mentioned it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.