Query Response Time (Children's Picture Book)

LARepp

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I queried and submitted a children's picture book manuscript directly to Jodi Reamer's email address last Feb.23, 2016. No response yet. Is the response time the same as any other genre? I'm nervous. I'm literally checking my email every hour.

Whimsigirl

wishin' and hopin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethlimbooks.com
Response time is dependent more on the agent than the genre, I'd say. And Jodi Reamer of all agents is undoubtedly a super busy lady. I'd try to distract myself with writing or other things -- I'd give it a couple weeks before worrying about not hearing from her (or her assistant).

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I just checked Query Tracker out of curiosity. Ms. Reamer appears to be a replier most of the time, but the stats on QT show her most recent replies are to queries from December. Stats show her at 30-ish days on the low end, and into 90+ days on the high end.

Checking email constantly after only a week, for any agent, is...kind of a good way to make yourself stressed out. More and more agents are no reply means no, so you can check forever to no avail, or you can get to work on something else and allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised by a reply when it comes. And query other agents. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.