• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Brass Check Marketing

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Brass Check marketing? I've searched here and found nothing.

They claim to be able to help make your book sell. They want a fee for consultation, much like a lawyer.

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
Why, Filigree? Outside of repping someone you don't like, are there any other red flags?

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
If they've marketed for the Food Babe, that tells me certain information about their ethics. I may be ethically and morally challenged on some levels...but even I look down on demonstrably, harmfully anti-science nitwits and the people who prop them up. These guys are probably very, very good marketers. Good for them. I won't be giving them work.

MorganOrion

Registered
Reaction score
I'm always suspicious of anyone who charges for an initial consultation. If they're so good, why not do what every honest service industry business owner does and offer a free initial consultation? So that's a red flag for me. It doesn't mean they aren't good at what they do though.

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
Most lawyers and doctors aren't free for an initial consultation. The private injury lawyers are free, but all the others charge.

bibleinterpreter

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Brass Check marketing? I've searched here and found nothing.

They claim to be able to help make your book sell. They want a fee for consultation, much like a lawyer.
See if you can find someone at Reedsy.com who specializes in marketing your genre.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
See if you can find someone at Reedsy.com who specializes in marketing your genre.
I'm afraid that you replied to someone who posted their question in eight years ago. They have probably sorted things out by now.

It's a good idea to check the date of a post before you reply to it.