• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

SEZ Publishing

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
A friend of mine sent me this link, because they have a call for submissions that fit a piece I'm writing. Wanted to see if anyone has any experience/comments on them.

http://sezpublishing.blogspot.com/

I can already throw up one red flag, as their Who Are We page only has a contact email, no other information.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
The payment terms are awful, but typical for tiny presses. Fifty percent of the after-cost profit split between all the authors. Those 'costs' might end up eating everything. Your pay could be pennies.

So, say it's for 'exposure'...do they have books in stores, libraries, and at major genre review sites? If not, that exposure isn't worth anything as a publication credit. Do it for love or as an experiment, but be realistic.

The same caveats apply for all new publishers: publishing is not an entry level job, so what collective experience does the publisher have in the horror genre?

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
The company's yet-to-be-launched website was registered by self-pubbed author Kathleen O'Mara:

https://m.facebook.com/kathleenomara

SP's only book so far is the horror anthology Frightening: a collective work. If the first two stories are anything to go by SP doesn't provide editing.

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
SP's only book so far is the horror anthology Frightening: a collective work. If the first two stories are anything to go by SP doesn't provide editing.

Oh, dear! From the back cover:
Frightenting is a collection of stories for your dark reading pleasure:!
Frightenting? Something scary happens in a tent, maybe? Dark reading pleasure? As opposed to light reading, perhaps?

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! I noticed the wonky spacing on the back cover but I missed the typo!