• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

KERNPUNKT Press

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
www.kernpunktpress.com/

New publisher (one title that is either out--and not on Amazon or anywhere but the publisher's site--or available for pre-order) that started mid-2015.

Charges a submission fee of $10.

Even though they charge that submission fee, they strike me most as coming out of the literary/academic journal world (where fees are (sadly) becoming more prevalent). They're interested in experimental literature:

KERNPUNKT is an independent publisher of literary fiction, science fiction, art & architecture, historical fiction, and children's books.
We enjoy symbolism, non-traditional plots, unique characters, taboo, and experimentation.
​In short, we value art over entertainment.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
We enjoy symbolism, non-traditional plots, unique characters, taboo, and experimentation.
I'd like to see this in children's books. Lewis Carroll pulled it off, I guess.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A brand-new publisher which has no books currently available for perusal and what looks like a pretty green editorial team. Per Linked In, their editor in chief's background seems to be mostly in library science and IT. She lists three years with LES Review as "Proprietor/Head Editor." I'm guessing from the "Proprietor" job title that this was some sort of publication she may have started, but since I can't find any information about it I wonder if it no longer exists.

The reading fee is off-putting, particularly for a publisher with no track record.

I'd give it two years and see what happens.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How charming. I wonder if Amazon noticed all the 5-star reviews landing on December 13th, 2016.

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Well, now, some were on the 14th. Slackers. :evil The really telling point is that there hasn't been a review, good or bad, since. I wonder how many of those 'verified purchases' were actually paid for by the publisher. Or on sale for the day.