• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[YADS] LikeMyNovel / Online Literary Agency (Kizzy Thomson)

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kizzy Thomson's profile on Linked In shows a marked lack of experience in the publishing world (mostly temp jobs of a few months' duration). I don't see any experience working with a literary agency.

Judging by her website, I don't think she has a clue what she's doing. Writers are encouraged to "submit online" - basically, post their queries/synopses/loglines to the site. And then (bolding mine):

On this page you can review and share yours and other members' entries. Please remember that it’s up to you to promote yourself! Don't forget you can also help promote other entries by sharing any online submissions you have read and like. By clicking on 'Read More' of any submission and scrolling to the bottom of the page, you can share that entry via all of your social media accounts, or by email, using the share buttons. - See more at: http://www.likemynovel.com/index-submissions.html#sthash.qg7VKCSE.dpuf

Thomson claims to have books "on submission" to publishers, but most of these appear to be self-published already. I don't see that she's actually ever sold a book to a legit publishing house. So what I think we have here is a YADS (Yet Another Display Site) posing as a literary agency.

I'd step briskly away and search for an agent with real experience.

Last edited:

Eltondiva

Effieron Empress
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks mrsmig, I have no intention to submit. I simply posted this incase anyone came along later who might be interested to knowing the ins and outs.

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
She says on her Twitter page, "My love of books and writing has inspired me to create my website LikeMyNovel.com, for other aspiring authors to enjoy." I like books, too. I love to both read and write. I am also about as qualified to agent anyone as my rabbit is. He's likely far more qualified than I because his Death Stare of Gloom and Disapproval would frighten any publisher into submission.

Looking at her LinkedIn profile, her exposure to the publishing world is working as a temporary PA to a publishing director at Transworld Publishing and as a temporary PA to an Editorial Coordinator at Sky Magazine. I don't see any previous agenting experience/employment as either a paid employee or as an intern at an agency. Also according to LinkedIn, this is a business she's running in her spare time since it shows she is currently employed by both Transport for London and LikeMyNovel.com.

Last edited: