AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [YADS] LikeMyNovel / Online Literary Agency (Kizzy Thomson)

[YADS] LikeMyNovel / Online Literary Agency (Kizzy Thomson)

Apologies if this already exists somewhere, I could find nothing.

It states the Agent as Kizzy Thomson, has anyone ever dealt with this agent? I found the details from a recent follower on my twitter.
    http://www.likemynovel.com/about.html
    “You cannot please everyone with your deeds and your art, please a few. To please many is bad.”

Write. Write. Writey Write Write. mrsmig's Avatar
    Kizzy Thomson's profile on Linked In shows a marked lack of experience in the publishing world (mostly temp jobs of a few months' duration). I don't see any experience working with a literary agency.

Judging by her website, I don't think she has a clue what she's doing. Writers are encouraged to "submit online" - basically, post their queries/synopses/loglines to the site. And then (bolding mine):

On this page you can review and share yours and other members' entries. Please remember that it’s up to you to promote yourself! Don't forget you can also help promote other entries by sharing any online submissions you have read and like. By clicking on 'Read More' of any submission and scrolling to the bottom of the page, you can share that entry via all of your social media accounts, or by email, using the share buttons. - See more at: http://www.likemynovel.com/index-sub....qg7VKCSE.dpuf

Thomson claims to have books "on submission" to publishers, but most of these appear to be self-published already. I don't see that she's actually ever sold a book to a legit publishing house. So what I think we have here is a YADS (Yet Another Display Site) posing as a literary agency.

I'd step briskly away and search for an agent with real experience.
    Last edited by mrsmig; 02-13-2016 at 06:42 PM.
    KINGLET: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    FISKUR: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    STONEKING: Releasing February 20, 2018 from Fiery Seas Publishing

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.

Thanks mrsmig, I have no intention to submit. I simply posted this incase anyone came along later who might be interested to knowing the ins and outs.
    “You cannot please everyone with your deeds and your art, please a few. To please many is bad.”

Disapproving plot bun disapproves. FluffBunny's Avatar
    Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
    She says on her Twitter page, "My love of books and writing has inspired me to create my website LikeMyNovel.com, for other aspiring authors to enjoy." I like books, too. I love to both read and write. I am also about as qualified to agent anyone as my rabbit is. He's likely far more qualified than I because his Death Stare of Gloom and Disapproval would frighten any publisher into submission.

Looking at her LinkedIn profile, her exposure to the publishing world is working as a temporary PA to a publishing director at Transworld Publishing and as a temporary PA to an Editorial Coordinator at Sky Magazine. I don't see any previous agenting experience/employment as either a paid employee or as an intern at an agency. Also according to LinkedIn, this is a business she's running in her spare time since it shows she is currently employed by both Transport for London and LikeMyNovel.com.
    Last edited by FluffBunny; 02-14-2016 at 12:16 AM. Reason: The Case of the Missing "Is-es".
    House-rabbits: Can't live without 'em and can't stop 'em from ordering thermonuclear devices off the Internet.

Please check all weapons, weasels and cilantro before entering. Thank you.