New Guy Checking In

AuthorOfHorror

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and thought that I would introduce myself. I love reading and I also love writing. Writing has been an escape for me. I love seeing where my mind goes and where the characters tell my mind to go. If I get an idea for a story I try to run with it. Sometimes the voices in my head (the characters . . . I think . . . at least I hope that is who it is) tell me to do something different. I write with an idea and how I want to start the story. I never know the middle and I never know the ending.

I look forward to talking with everyone and learning along the way. Writing is the one place that I feel I can learn something new everyday. I look forward to it.

Glyax

Self-proclaimed Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the water cooler :p.... Gonna take a shot in the dark here (see what I did there :p ), and guess you write horror? :p

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

AuthorOfHorror

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the water cooler :p.... Gonna take a shot in the dark here (see what I did there :p ), and guess you write horror? :p

I do writher other things and not just horror but horror has held my attention the longest. If I get a story in my head from another genre I will write it. Something about horror and I'm not sure what it is, but I have the most fun with. I also really like writing action.

welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Thanks! I will read the links.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler! :welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

Feel free to stop by Jed's Newbie Pub at the top of the New Members forum. It's a friendly place where you can hang out, have a virtual drink, and strike up a conversation with other members. If you are new to forums in general, or maybe a bit shy about posting, this is a good place to start.

Here's a link to some of the most commonly asked questions in the FAQs, and another for the Absolute Write Dictionary to help you along. And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, AoH.

AuthorOfHorror

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! My mind is filled with questions and the thirst for knowledge. I want to be a better writer and I want to start submitting my work. I don't think I'm at the point of doing this just yet, but one or two maybe three more books and I feel that I might be. I also want to keep writing short stories and submit those. This site along with everyone on it, I know are going to be of great to me help and in my growth as a writer.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: from another horror fan. Thanks for joining our writer ranks.

Whiskey_Black

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the forums also. Welcome! I look forward to learning with you.

I once had a classmate tell me "Books on the craft of writing are boring." I told him he was doing it wrong and might be in the wrong profession! I love learning about The Craft, and love chatting with other writers!

AuthorOfHorror

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the forums also. Welcome! I look forward to learning with you.

I once had a classmate tell me "Books on the craft of writing are boring." I told him he was doing it wrong and might be in the wrong profession! I love learning about The Craft, and love chatting with other writers!

Isn't that the truth! I feel if I ever stop learning I should stop writing. If it ever becomes not fun, I will stop.

Welcome to the board Whiskey_Black! I look forward to talking and learning with you too.

PatiQlee

Registered
Reaction score
If it ever becomes not fun, I will stop.

I so agree! New to this wondrous site! I love the writing and would love nothing more than to spend every waking (even sleep:yessmiley) writing. If only I could find someone to do the rest, publish etc... :e2dance:

AuthorOfHorror

Registered
Reaction score
I so agree! New to this wondrous site! I love the writing and would love nothing more than to spend every waking (even sleep:yessmiley) writing. If only I could find someone to do the rest, publish etc... :e2dance:

That makes two of us. I get ideas in my head that wake me up and I have to write them down.

Have you done self-publishing? I would like to do traditional publishing. I hope to get something excepted someday.

ItsRachelConnor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tirralirra.com
Welcome! Take your time to explore the forums. You can find an insane amount of help and info on pretty much any writing related issue you're dealing with. There's a lot of non writing related stuff you can talk about too :D

AuthorOfHorror

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone! This is a lively site and there is so much to read. I need to check into the beta readers part of the site.