Greetings!

madamaholmes

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Amanda and I'm new here. Though I've been writing for over 10 years now but I finally wrote my first book last year. So I'm finally getting really serious about my work, and wish to publish soon. I don't know a lot of other writers so it'll be cool to talk to others who love to write just as much as I do. So how is everyone today?

southernwriter

Born Under a Bad Star
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lesiavalentine.com
Hello everyone! My name is Amanda and I'm new here. Though I've been writing for over 10 years now but I finally wrote my first book last year. So I'm finally getting really serious about my work, and wish to publish soon. I don't know a lot of other writers so it'll be cool to talk to others who love to write just as much as I do. So how is everyone today?

Welcome to the water cooler, Amanda. It's fun and informative and full of talent. Hope you'll love it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Greene_Hesperide1990

Protecter of the Garden
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there, welcome to the boards! This is definitely a great place especially for helpful feedback. Helped me a lot. What is your story about it you don't mind me asking?

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler! :welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

Feel free to stop by Jed's Newbie Pub at the top of the New Members forum. It's a friendly place where you can hang out, have a virtual drink, and strike up a conversation with other members. If you are new to forums in general, or maybe a bit shy about posting, this is a good place to start.

Here's a link to some of the most commonly asked questions in the FAQs, and another for the Absolute Write Dictionary to help you along. And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide.

Enjoy your stay. :)

madamaholmes

Registered
Reaction score
I don't mind at all. Here is the summary I wrote :
Over the summer where most residents of Orlando are having fun at the beach, or Disney, there is one girl who has other plans. It started off as a jealous rage over her three brothers leaving her behind, but Jimin wanted so much more than just their deaths. She wanted to make them her personal dolls. The three brothers arrive torn apart and sown together again in the freezers of Esmeralda’s funeral home. She is a loving girl who simply wishes to help the brothers to be put to rest, and to have a little bit of dignity left after what their sister did to them. The only one that is listening to her please of help is Gabriel, an assistant to the cities coroner who’s know Esmeralda for years. Even though the thought of Jimin ever escaping prison seems in possible, but the moment the news announced her release, and how many deaths have already happened within the first few hours, Esmeralda knew she was next. In a mad rush to protect the boys, Esmeralda and Gabriel fight through the city hoping to beat Jimin to the cemetery until finally they are captured before they even make it. The brothers are nowhere to be found now. Esmeralda has to now fight for her life, while still standing up for what she believes in while in the hands of a mass murderer who only wants her dead.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Amanda.

Greene_Hesperide1990

Protecter of the Garden
Registered
Reaction score
I don't mind at all. Here is the summary I wrote :
Over the summer where most residents of Orlando are having fun at the beach, or Disney, there is one girl who has other plans. It started off as a jealous rage over her three brothers leaving her behind, but Jimin wanted so much more than just their deaths. She wanted to make them her personal dolls. The three brothers arrive torn apart and sown together again in the freezers of Esmeralda’s funeral home. She is a loving girl who simply wishes to help the brothers to be put to rest, and to have a little bit of dignity left after what their sister did to them. The only one that is listening to her please of help is Gabriel, an assistant to the cities coroner who’s know Esmeralda for years. Even though the thought of Jimin ever escaping prison seems in possible, but the moment the news announced her release, and how many deaths have already happened within the first few hours, Esmeralda knew she was next. In a mad rush to protect the boys, Esmeralda and Gabriel fight through the city hoping to beat Jimin to the cemetery until finally they are captured before they even make it. The brothers are nowhere to be found now. Esmeralda has to now fight for her life, while still standing up for what she believes in while in the hands of a mass murderer who only wants her dead.

Oh okay so Esmeralda is trying to protect and preserve the bodies of the murdered brothers of this serial killer, who escapes jail to get the bodies back. I like the premise. Our the three brothers close to Esmeralda and that's also why she felt a need to protect their bodies as well? It has me intrigued.

madamaholmes

Registered
Reaction score
Oh okay so Esmeralda is trying to protect and preserve the bodies of the murdered brothers of this serial killer, who escapes jail to get the bodies back. I like the premise. Our the three brothers close to Esmeralda and that's also why she felt a need to protect their bodies as well? It has me intrigued.

Yes you are correct. I currently have the story here: https://tablo.io/amanda-bassett/the-beautiful-ragdolls and I'm revising it right now.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Amanda, are you going the traditional route or the self-publishing route?

mtnviewco

Registered
Reaction score
Amanda, welcome. Hope the rains are not too awful where you are. Read your shared paragraph posted here. Nice, don't stop. Congrats on completing your first book.
I have 3 manuscripts currently underway (and many in a drawer, unfinished) with a WIP now in third revisions. Hoping to present to agent at a conference next month. So today is a day for reaching out (forums, betas, other sites) then back to revisions.
mtnviewco