Are we allowed to bump on the SYW forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxis

Registered
Reaction score
My latest query letter revision kinda slipped into page 2 without getting more than a few responses. I kinda think it was because I posted it late at night.

I was hoping for a few more critiques before I again set to work revising it. Am I allowed to bump my topic or will I get smacked by the mods if I do that? ^^;

Here's the topic itself:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/sho...The-Apprentice-s-Journey-(Adult-High-Fantasy)

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
You're more than welcome to bump your own threads if you still need crits or want to post a new version for critting or you didn't get much notice initially. I've seen threads come back from years ago because the OP came back still needing advice, or wanting to brag about a sale, or any reason. Just don't bump other people's threads when they haven't been around for a while. That's called making a zombie thread, and, well, zombies.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Yep; go ahead and bump it, perhaps by asking a specific question or posting a new version, or saying thank you, rather than a "look at meeeeee!" kind of thing.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
If you quote your own query letter people are going to think you're quoting someone in the thread, and it makes it hard for some to edit it.

Additionally the same when you add other things than your query letter in the same post.

Then, some folks don't reply because they might think you've gotten enough attention or folks have said what they would already say--and when you get to revisions, less people are prone to read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.