Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The Dragon's Rocketship Publishing LLC

Question The Dragon's Rocketship Publishing LLC

Anyone with experience of this company? I have no other info except that they are new and are open to submissions.
    http://tdrpublishing.com/

A video on Twitter about the company from one of the co-founders.
    https://twitter.com/search?q=the%20d...tship&src=typd
    “You cannot please everyone with your deeds and your art, please a few. To please many is bad.”

I don't really like companies that make me log in to get any info.The clunky artwork on the Doves Anthology page doesn't tell me much, either. Until I know more, meh, and relevant standard disclaimers.

Also, Twitter videos are cute, but I want text I can read in 10 seconds.
    Last edited by Filigree; 02-03-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at iCraft

Disapproving plot bun disapproves. FluffBunny's Avatar
    Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
    Website's registered to a Nikki Yager in Florida. LinkedIn shows her as graduating in 2015 with an AA from St. Petersburg College, previous B.A.Sc from same gives a major of Health/Health Care Admin/Management. Jobs held while in college are all heath-care field-related. Lists current employer as "Composite Games Limited" and "Conifer Health Communications". I'm a table-top gamer and aren't familiar with Composite, but that doesn't signify much.

She's not listed as a developer on Composite's website (and better reading of LinkedIn on my part) shows that she wrote a short story based on one of their game worlds.

Goodreads lists her as the author of "The Dragon's Rocketshop Presents: Hex Support", "The Dragon's Rocketship Presents: The Scribe's Journal" and "Winter Wishes", all with other authors, all appear to be anthologies and all appear to have been published via CreateSpace.

More than that, I can not say.
    Last edited by FluffBunny; 02-05-2016 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Because, honestly? I can spell "field".
    House-rabbits: Can't live without 'em and can't stop 'em from ordering thermonuclear devices off the Internet.

Please check all weapons, weasels and cilantro before entering. Thank you.

They favourited my pitch and have offered me a contract, however with so little information Filigree's (Dearest person!)Rule is flashing...
    “You cannot please everyone with your deeds and your art, please a few. To please many is bad.”

I wouldn't know one way or the other, Eltondiva. All I can say from personal experience is that I'd be extremely wary of ANYONE who offered you a contract based on a pitch. Or did you send something bigger to them? Again, based off a single pitch, not knowing much about the company?

These days, Tor, DAW, and Del Rey could 'favorite my pitch' (if I ever put anything on a #pitmad, which I probably won't)...and I'd still assess them before I did anything else. And I know them from forever ago.

So be very cautious here. 'Filigree's Rule' may showcase my more-callous nihilist side, but I do genuinely care about all AW members, and hate to see anyone get burned.

Hi Filigree, they did request chapters and then the full, but as I said, your rule reminds me to be cautious, so I have "parked" the offer at the moment at least for a month.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    They started as a book club, that became a Facebook page (with over 1000 members) and there's a bunch of self-pub writers on the group - they have an Indiegogo currently - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...lc/x/4186854#/

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Weird that the website doesn't say anything about the Indiegogo...

Edit - they have a plugin that shows it - but it's not obvious
    Last edited by psutto; 03-15-2016 at 09:51 PM.

Author

Unhappy The Dragon's Rocketship has flown

Quote Originally Posted by Eltondiva View Post
    Anyone with experience of this company? I have no other info except that they are new and are open to submissions.
    http://tdrpublishing.com/
    I regret to report that they were publishing my book MINDSLIP and I received a communication yesterday that the two owners were both too unwell to continue running the business, so they have decided to fold it. The website was blank earlier today (17th January 2017)

I am gutted. It is hard enough finding a publisher, but to have one and just be starting to work with the editor then lose it is quite a blow.

My work can be read on Wattpad currently.

I'm sorry that happened to you. One reason why - unless I know the parties involved, and they can prove skill and capital - I avoid new publishers for a couple of years.