• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency

aekap

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't get an auto-response from Taylor, either. I wonder if I should resend?

eta: cross-posted with houndrat. Thanks!

KelleyVitollo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just checked in with Taylor about her auto-response, and she said that she just recently noticed it's not working. Soooo....she says she's pretty sure all email is getting through, but if you haven't heard anything after a few weeks, feel free to send another email checking in to make sure she received it.

Hope this helps, and GOOD LUCK! :)

Thanks so much for asking her! I checked with the other girl who is having trouble and we both sent our query from yahoo email addresses. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Thanks again!

SafetyDance

L'Oreal. He's worth it.
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Natalie yesterday and haven't had an auto-response. Is that...bad?

agentpaper

One of many
Registered
Reaction score
Firebrain, no. She said she was having a problem with the auto-response (something about auto-refresh) as well and to be rest-assured that she did get the email queries.

SafetyDance

L'Oreal. He's worth it.
Registered
Reaction score
Firebrain, no. She said she was having a problem with the auto-response (something about auto-refresh) as well and to be rest-assured that she did get the email queries.

Merci beacoup.

Marilena

Illustrator - Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marilenamexi.eu
I sent my query to Natalie before three weeks, and i haven't response from her, and i think is rejection.

Can I sent my query to another agent in this agency?

lulzy

thinking
Registered
Reaction score
Hm. For some reason Natalie isn't on the agency website anymore. And I checked Natalie's blog and twitter, and it still says she's in the agency. Strange.

miamyselfandi

here and there again
Registered
Reaction score
Unless I confused her with someone else, I think she may be moving to a new agency after the new year.

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
I sent my query to Natalie before three weeks, and i haven't response from her, and i think is rejection.

Can I sent my query to another agent in this agency?

This agency generally will pass queries along to whoever else they think may be interested, but it probably wouldn't hurt to query somebody else there.

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard murmurs referencing Natalie changing agencies also, but no confirmation.

Hmmmm.

Em

eta: and murmurs are just that. I'm not looking to spread any rumors. Just find the murmurs interesting.

Last edited:

havefaith22

Registered
Reaction score
Nope, you are absolutely right. I just saw this on Casey McCormick's blog...

NOTE: Effective February 22, 2011 Natalie will be leaving the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency to join the Laura Bradford Literary Agency. She will be CLOSED to submissions during this transition period. Check back for a profile update in Feb.

miamyselfandi

here and there again
Registered
Reaction score
I just checked on QT and somebody there reported that her response to a query was about her move, but that if they were still looking for an agent in March to query again there.

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
So what about the queries already sent out? She's not going to take them with her?

She will undoubtedly respond to queries already sent by the time she moves; otherwise, I'm sure they'll be referred to other agents at SDLA. They're all very professional there and they run a tight ship. No worries, folks.

miamyselfandi

here and there again
Registered
Reaction score
Natalie would not be able to read queries at one agency to take with her to another.

houndrat

Pulsating Whatnots Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.houndrat.com
I agree with the last post. If NF is your dream agent, I suggest waiting to query her until she's at her new agency.

lulzy

thinking
Registered
Reaction score
Natalie addressed on her blog about when she'll be accepting submissions again for those who wanted to know.

AngelicaRJackson

Angelic Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
AngelicaRJackson.blogspot.com
I sent my query 12/17 (darn!) and was about to check the status with Natalie Fischer, when I saw these details on her blog:

What happened to my submission?

Unsolicited: as per the auto-response, queries received prior to November 29, 2010 were reviewed (per the agency's policy, so if you didn't hear back, it was not for me); however, any sent past that date I did not even consider. I am no longer monitoring the nfsubmissions inbox. At all. You will need to either re-submit to an agent at the Dijkstra Agency or to Laura Bradford at the Bradford Agency.

Solicited: I will continue to respond to requests and referrals (this includes conference requests). However, you should use my regular email (Natalie(at)dijkstraagency.com), and not nfsubmissions, as I am no longer monitoring that inbox.

Too bad, because it sounded like she's looking for books just like mine.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Huh. So I closed out my November 1 query to Taylor Martindale a few days ago, but this morning I had a pleasant surprise in my inbox: a partial request! Here's the timeline:

Initial query sent 11/1/2010
Second query, first follow-up, sent 11/29/2010 (I know, I know, I didn't wait very long, but I couldn't help myself)
THIRD query, second follow-up, sent 1/18/2011
Partial request (first 100 pages) received 2/3/2011!

YA science fiction

I probably shouldn't have sent that second follow-up, but I'm glad I did. It was that last query she responded to. Both times I explained that I had sent the query before, and in her partial request, she thanked me for following up.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Krista! :). I e-queried Taylor with a YA sci-fi about a week ago (I think?-I have to keep better track of my queries, lol).

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
Huh. So I closed out my November 1 query to Taylor Martindale a few days ago, but this morning I had a pleasant surprise in my inbox: a partial request! Here's the timeline:

Initial query sent 11/1/2010
Second query, first follow-up, sent 11/29/2010 (I know, I know, I didn't wait very long, but I couldn't help myself)
THIRD query, second follow-up, sent 1/18/2011
Partial request (first 100 pages) received 2/3/2011!

YA science fiction

I probably shouldn't have sent that second follow-up, but I'm glad I did. It was that last query she responded to. Both times I explained that I had sent the query before, and in her partial request, she thanked me for following up.

Awesome. Maybe I shouldn't close out my 11/18 query just yet, haha. Is she a no-response-means-no agent? I wasn't sure if she replies to all queries or not.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome. Maybe I shouldn't close out my 11/18 query just yet, haha. Is she a no-response-means-no agent? I wasn't sure if she replies to all queries or not.

Thank you, hester, and good luck with yours!

Ether, I believe she is (as is everyone at Sandra Dijkstra). However, her request made it sound like she hadn't even seen the queries I sent during the same time period you sent yours, so you might consider re-querying, if you feel good about it.