Reading My Story at An Open Mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateSean

Vulcan/Time Lord Hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't done an open mic in a while. It's not that I've lacked confidence in speaking in front of a crowd, but more to do with the fact that I honestly don't know what to talk about anymore.

I've written a short story that I'm confident with. I'll be reading it at this open mic that takes place on Wednesdays and is specifically for writers. I will probably be making a video of it to put on Youtube. February the 3rd is the official date of the open mic I will be attending.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
If it's the one you just posted in SYW, two thumbs up, go for it. It's a good story and should get a good response.

If it's not the one you posted in SYW... go for it! Good luck. :D Reading your work to a group is stressful, but nothing feels better than a positive response to it, right there in front of you.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome! Share the link with us when it's posted.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Very cool! Enjoy! I love open mic nights. Share the link when it's up. (-:

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
I've only done something like that once before. Out of a dozen people at this coffee shop, I was the only person who had an actual story to read. The rest of it was sex poetry...

However, your experience might be different. Good luck!

NateSean

Vulcan/Time Lord Hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
The rest of it was sex poetry...

One of the first times I read at this place where I'll be, it was poem after poem inspired by the Boston bombings. It didn't help that this cafe is in Lynn, which is within spitting distance of Boston. You can literally see the city skyline from Lynn Beach.

So when I did my comedy routine, I think the crowd was in enough of a depressing funk that I was a breath of fresh air. Sex poetry would have been a welcome change of pace, too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.