• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Farolight Publishing

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
They pay .03 a word for short stories, which would imply they pay something for novels. Can't find a sample contract or any other real details regarding their novel publishing arm, however.

fab_MR

Registered
Reaction score
They pay .03 a word for short stories, which would imply they pay something for novels. Can't find a sample contract or any other real details regarding their novel publishing arm, however.

Thanks, Thedrellum,
I couldn't find anything either, which is probably not a good sign. I'll stay away from them for now and try agents first.

CuttingBlock1

Registered
Reaction score

I'm the publisher for Farolight and Cutting Block Books, and I can confirm that yes, for novels we do pay small-to-moderate advances, as well as industry-standard royalty rates. We're new to novels, though, so I can only point to one published so far as an example: Blue Eel.

But... we have 10 years' track record of publishing short story anthologies in the horror genre, several volumes of which have earned Stoker nominations. For example, check out the Horror Library series (3 Stoker nominations), the Tattered Souls series (1 nomination), and the Shadows Over Main Street series.

We don't post sample contracts because our novel contracts are negotiated on a case-by-case basis with each author. Certainly if we decide we want to publish your book, we'll gladly discuss your preferred contract terms with you offline.

Hope this helps!