Cruz, Obamacare and CNN

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
IF you have a minute, check this out, please.

Here's the first paragraph -- how CNN reported the story.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said Thursday he has no health care and lost his coverage "because of Obamacare."

"You know who one of those millions of Americans who's lost their health care because of Obamacare? That would be me. I don't have health care right now," he told an audience in Manchester, New Hampshire.

But, if you listen to the video linked, he had a policy through his wife's job (Goldman Sachs) and they lost it when she took leave from the job for the duration of the campaign.

And, the video goes on to hear him say, he's taking insurance through the senate's plan, so... "Obamacare". He could have gone Cobra, or some other group plan. He can certainly afford it. But, no.

It's not just Cruz's part of this story. I'm trying to wrap my head around the various ways the reporting of this story is skewed, too. sheesh.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Cruz is also quoted in that article as saying:

"I had purchased an individual policy and Blue Cross Blue Shield canceled all their individual policies in the state of Texas effective December 31st," Cruz explained. "So our health care got canceled. We got a notice in the mail. Blue Cross Blue Shield was leaving the market."

Gotta say this is news to the Meermans household as we received no such notice and are still paying our premiums and already have a paid claim for January 2016. huh.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I am in Texas and have Blue Cross/Blue Shield as an individual. My rate just went up by about 12 bucks a month starting this month.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I find it hilarious when rich people talk about health insurance as if they're the ones who are impacted by any of this.

BoF

Cautious Daredevil
Registered
Reaction score
"It's been said, "out of the mouths of babes come wisdom, but out of the mouth of Ted Cruz comes..." (Feel free to fill in the blank.)

Last edited:

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
So, what does he think would have happened prior to the PPACA?

The magic insurance fairy would have sprinkled health insurance on him? He's known he had to change plans since July, and he did nothing.

This only proves he is not qualified to run a country. Hell, he's not qualified to be head of a family. His wife should impeach him.