Anyone here an expert on ropes courses?

FLChicken

Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting to work on my next romance manuscript, and my hero is an outdoors type who volunteers at a ropes course. I have only done a couple ropes course type activities in my distant past. Looking for someone who can explain to me some typical rope courses, terminology, and experientials. Yes, I've watched some videos on You Tube. Looking to write a specific scene and want to find a couple courses to illustrate. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

KiwiChick

Editing like a caffeinated chipmunk
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.asakkalon.com
Sorry, I'm certainly not an expert, but I can tell you from experience that if the course is high up in pine trees and it's windy then everything moves HEAPS and it can be really scary, even if you don't consider yourself to be afraid of heights. Also from personal experience, how tall a person is seems to have a pretty big effect on which particular parts of a course are more/less challenging. Taller people find reaching things easier, but their centre of balance is higher which can make some rope arrangements much less stable.

I hope this is somewhat helpful. Good luck finding the answers you're after.

KiwiChick

Bolero

Registered
Reaction score
So this is not winding and braiding ropes?

FLChicken

Registered
Reaction score
That's definitely helpful. I would not have thought about how it feels if you are short. My character is short so that will be a good thing to throw in. Appreciate your time.