Resume?

policewife

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am submitting my work to some ind publishers. Some have asked for a resume in their submission guidelines. Can you shed some light on what they are asking for? I am an Occupational Therapist by trade, so I feel like my career resume would not be of interest to them. As far as writing goes, I only have some work published in Cricket (which I mentioned in my query.) Thank you so much for any advice!!

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I honestly have no idea. So I guess I'm not much help, lol. I guess repeat your writing credits, and then give a brief bio about your other careers maybe?

cwgranny

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janfields.com
The only time I've submitted a resume is when I've worked with packagers or educational publishers. In those instances, they're looking for (1) education because some educational publishing work is only open to people with a degree, (2) publishing credits * and (3) specific interests/areas of expertise.

Now, for publishing credits (with the folks I've worked) they like to see some kind of credits (they love magazine credits) but they don't like to see too many. Some credits means you're conversant with the basics of how to write and how to handle submission. Many credits means you're expensive and packagers/educational publishers are nervous of expensive.

For interests/expertise, having some specific expertise both gives them an idea of the sort of work to assign you (in the case of educational publishers and packagers), but also interesting ways to market you by name.

Now, again, I haven't worked with any trade publishers who wanted a resume, but when I've been asked for a resume -- they've wanted it for the reasons I listed above.