Terribly shy guy saying hi

iszevthere

Registered
Reaction score
That rhymed! Hi everybody.
I believe I am one of the most boring people in the world. Why? I had a fever dream that a character of mine talked to me for two hours about how upset she was that I killed her. Her ghost sat there, arms crossed, pouting and grumbling. I was as terrified as one can be with borderline pneumonia, and groggily explained I was sticking with my decision. I'm still kind of creeped out if I think about it, -and I created her-.

I'm working on my second play. I said I'd never write another play after the first, that I was a novelist, not a playwright. I planned to fade into obscurity. Then a character walked into my head, started talking to me and demanded her story be told.

I wrote a lot of short stories and fanfiction until a few years ago, when I started writing the play. I wrote some poetry and (terrible, unpublished) novels in that time as well.

I'm so glad to be in a place where people care as much about writing as much as I do! Hopefully I'll think of interesting things to say when I'm here.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. None of that sounds at all boring to me. Glad you found us.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, shy guy!

StoryofWoe

Sick and pale with grief.
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to AW! I'm shy, too, but that's the beauty of the Internet: we can hide behind our avatars (for better or worse).

My first novel included a writer whose characters came to life and berated her for not fleshing them out enough. Fortunately, that hasn't happened to me (yet).

Looking forward to hearing more from you. :hi:

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler. :welcome:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

InkStainedWench

It's a dirty job, but...
Registered
Reaction score
Not shy here, but I've always been partial to the breed. Married one. He ran like hell, but not fast enough.

Welcome aboard!

John Buckley Rose

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

And I really doubt you're all that boring. After all, how many people have the guts to stand their ground to a delirium-induced ghost of a character they created grilling them for two hours? ;)

I hope you enjoy your stay here, and don't sell yourself short. If you like writing novels, then you write them. If a play also wants to come out, then you're also a playwright in addition to being a novelist! :D

Adniel Lenal

Figuring Out Opinions and My Way
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Kind of wish I would have a dream meeting and talk with characters I created. Hope you enjoy the site and people here!

roswell1828

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome *says Terribly Shy Girl #2* LOL! Nothing I just read sounds boring ;) Best of luck here and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. As you'll see, everyone is super nice :)

The Wizard

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome iszevthere. The best way to get rid of shyness is to get better people skills. Hope you overcome your shyness here.