• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Spectral Press

az shea

Copy editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aszanoni.blogspot.com
Spectral Press and TBP...

Gary Compton is assisting Spectral Press currently in straightening out operations.

Hrm. Spectral doesn't seem to have a link in the Bewares, Recs & Background forum.

I realize that it's an invite-only press -- or perhaps Spectral was, that may have changed? -- but my understanding is that Spectral became part of Tickety Boo.

Anyone know?

Should this post stay in this thread, or become its own?

FWIW, I had a nice conversation in email with Simon last year. I wish him all the best. Being bipolar, I know how depression can gack you up... :(

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Hrm. Spectral doesn't seem to have a link in the Bewares, Recs & Background forum.

I realize that it's an invite-only press -- or perhaps Spectral was, that may have changed? -- but my understanding is that Spectral became part of Tickety Boo.

Anyone know?

Should this post stay in this thread, or become its own?

FWIW, I had a nice conversation in email with Simon last year. I wish him all the best. Being bipolar, I know how depression can gack you up... :(

As far as I know Gary is helping Spectral straighten out some issues. I do not think it is a permanent thing.
I've known Simon online for a while. I knew he was having issues, but not this bad.
That being that, I know 1 author who has pulled their book from Spectral.
If any of this needs to be moved to a different thread, go right ahead. I did not find an entry for Spectral Press.

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com

Gary Compton

www.ticketyboopress.co.uk
Registered
Reaction score
I have asked moderators to remove these posts to a Spectral Press thread. They have no bearing on Tickety Boo Press who pay their authors on time and give favourable contracts!

I reported this before to moderators but as yet, no response.

All TBP are doing is helping by taking books over and allowing Simon's percentage to go to Spectral authors owed.

Simon at Spectral is an author at TBP so we are just trying to help him.

This should have it's own thread, I have asked moderators to do this, as mentioned.

Last edited:

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
That's fair - I think everyone in the thread at the moment knows the situation at Spectral isn't of Gary's making but I agree, we shouldn't be implying past association by having both discussions in the same thread.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Split from Tickety Boo for the time being.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
As of March, "[a]fter a couple of months’ convalescence and restructuring", Spectral has resumed operations.

Per Gary's response to Writer Beware's comment on the situation, their authors were to be paid the first week of May.

Gary Compton

www.ticketyboopress.co.uk
Registered
Reaction score
All authors have been paid via Paypal and one by cheque. Those authors who decided to take books (in some cases their own)instead of cash will be receiving them this week.

40% of customers who are owed money have been settled also.

Hopefully this will be completely settled by the summer.