Krampus on skies

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Sophie Hicks Agency

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Sophie Hicks Agency

Hi there, does anyone have any experience with Sophie Hicks Agency? I know the agents there used to work at Ed Victor, but I wondered whether anyone has had any experience with the new(ish) agency.

Thanks Here's the link:

http://www.sophiehicksagency.com

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say. Lady MacBeth's Avatar
    I don't know anything about the agency, but it looks like they represent some big names.

Yeah, they represent books from big publishers alright. The P&E checks out with a dollar sign which means they make money, all great signs. And they have recent news on their books so they're current. I see they are into books 9+ so I thought to give them a try with my YA novel. I'll post if I hear anything.

Has anyone had any querying experience? I'm always interested to know what kind of turnaround to expect before I settle in for the long wait

I'm still waiting on a response from mine and it's been since January. It's not looking good.

good luck, anyway, you never know...

practical experience, FTW
    Their Submission Guidelines say to send submissions to submissions@sophiehicksagency.com. And yet on the "About" page, an individual email address is provided for each agent.

To those who've submitted: did you send to an individual agent, or the generic submissions address?

I submitted to an individual address, not the submissions one... Probably overlooked that

practical experience, FTW Pisco Sour's Avatar
    Just a little note about Sophie Hicks. I queried her with first three chapters in July 2017. (The website guidelines state a response between 8 - 10 weeks, so I decided to nudge at the 12 week mark. She wrote back this morning with an apology, stating she's super busy preparing for Frankfurt, and asking me to re-send. So, though I generally don't nudge on unsolicited queries (this one had a partial attached as per agency guidelines), I'm glad I did. I'll come back to report, but I don't expect an answer any time soon, now I know she's busy with Frankfurt. Still, I'm glad I did nudge. I've made a few changes to the ms and she said she'd be happy to look at the new version. Sent it off this morning. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Pisco Sour; 10-09-2017 at 12:03 PM.