• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sophie Hicks Agency

Feuilleton

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, does anyone have any experience with Sophie Hicks Agency? I know the agents there used to work at Ed Victor, but I wondered whether anyone has had any experience with the new(ish) agency.

http://www.sophiehicksagency.com

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the agency, but it looks like they represent some big names.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, they represent books from big publishers alright. The P&E checks out with a dollar sign which means they make money, all great signs. And they have recent news on their books so they're current. I see they are into books 9+ so I thought to give them a try with my YA novel. I'll post if I hear anything.

Feuilleton

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any querying experience? I'm always interested to know what kind of turnaround to expect before I settle in for the long wait :)

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on a response from mine and it's been since January. It's not looking good.

arkady

Registered
Reaction score
Their Submission Guidelines say to send submissions to [email protected]. And yet on the "About" page, an individual email address is provided for each agent.

To those who've submitted: did you send to an individual agent, or the generic submissions address?

Feuilleton

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to an individual address, not the submissions one... Probably overlooked that

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Just a little note about Sophie Hicks. I queried her with first three chapters in July 2017. (The website guidelines state a response between 8 - 10 weeks, so I decided to nudge at the 12 week mark. She wrote back this morning with an apology, stating she's super busy preparing for Frankfurt, and asking me to re-send. So, though I generally don't nudge on unsolicited queries (this one had a partial attached as per agency guidelines), I'm glad I did. I'll come back to report, but I don't expect an answer any time soon, now I know she's busy with Frankfurt. Still, I'm glad I did nudge. I've made a few changes to the ms and she said she'd be happy to look at the new version. Sent it off this morning. Fingers crossed.

Last edited: