The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Sophie Hicks Agency

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Sophie Hicks Agency

Hi there, does anyone have any experience with Sophie Hicks Agency? I know the agents there used to work at Ed Victor, but I wondered whether anyone has had any experience with the new(ish) agency.

Thanks Here's the link:

http://www.sophiehicksagency.com

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say. Lady MacBeth's Avatar
    I don't know anything about the agency, but it looks like they represent some big names.

Yeah, they represent books from big publishers alright. The P&E checks out with a dollar sign which means they make money, all great signs. And they have recent news on their books so they're current. I see they are into books 9+ so I thought to give them a try with my YA novel. I'll post if I hear anything.
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter

My YA novel, FIX ME is coming from Flux Books November 2017

Has anyone had any querying experience? I'm always interested to know what kind of turnaround to expect before I settle in for the long wait

I'm still waiting on a response from mine and it's been since January. It's not looking good.
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter

My YA novel, FIX ME is coming from Flux Books November 2017

good luck, anyway, you never know...

practical experience, FTW
    Their Submission Guidelines say to send submissions to submissions@sophiehicksagency.com. And yet on the "About" page, an individual email address is provided for each agent.

To those who've submitted: did you send to an individual agent, or the generic submissions address?

I submitted to an individual address, not the submissions one... Probably overlooked that