AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Alternative Book Press

figuring it all out

Alternative Book Press

Hello,

Has anyone had any experience with Alternative Book Press?

I know that they are fairly new (established in 2012 by Colombia University and Cornell University graduates), but with that being said, has anyone had any personal experience submitting manuscripts to them, any responses/conversations with them, etc., that they can share?

Thanks

Write. Write. Writey Write Write. mrsmig's Avatar
    I don't know about you, but I'd want a publisher staffed by seasoned professionals with demonstrable experience in the publishing business - not a bunch of nameless folk whose only claim is that they're college grads. Hell, we don't even know what field their degrees are in (although my guess is English lit).

Their covers are so-so. The books I looked at on Amazon, while lacking any glaring grammar, punctuation or formatting errors, were badly in need of content editing. And with fewer than 25 books published in ABP's three-year existence, I'm betting this is a part-time gig for the company's principals. I'm also betting many of them are also the company's authors.
    KINGLET: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    FISKUR: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    STONEKING: Releasing February 20, 2018 from Fiery Seas Publishing

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.

It's all symbolic. Night_Writer's Avatar
    They charge a 3 dollar reading fee, but they'll only read 5 pages. And a synopsis.
    Heretic.

Night Writer, that's hilarious. A submission page that points you to paypal for a $3 reading fee. I think that is a first for me