Are you tired of Love Triangles? Why?

LondonLydia

Registered
Reaction score
I guess the issue I have is that they seem more common in fiction than they are in real life. I remember my teen years being full of obsessing over one guy at a time...and to be honest we would all usually fancy the same boy in my friendship group. I'm not saying triangles don't occur, but I feel it's a shame that I don't find resonance with my old teenage mind often with the love aspects in YA fiction, and there must be others the same.

SallyB

Dancing Through Life
Registered
Reaction score
I only hate Love Triangles when the choice is obvious. Like between someones Best Friend and perfect Prince/Princess Charming. We all know it's Prince Charming. Don't worry someone will come along and pick up her best friends heart in the end.

However I love it when a Love Triangle is up in the air the entire book. I want to be on the edge of my seat to know who she chooses.

I'd also like to see more Love Triangle where it's two girls fighting for the heart of a guy. Guys need love too.

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
On the other hand, the later love triangle between the Doctor, Amy and Rory was just weird and uncomfortable. Amy and Rory were married, for crying out loud. And she kept reassuring Rory that he was the one she loved, but at the end of the day, he was Buttons too, however much the writers wanted him not to be. The dynamic was just wrong. And it went on and on and ON.
Haha. I... um... read that particular love triangle much differently.

A lot of fans see it as a poly relationship rather than a love triangle. I think it's intentionally left ambiguous. The Doctor seems to have a lot of love interests.

I only hate Love Triangles when the choice is obvious. Like between someones Best Friend and perfect Prince/Princess Charming. We all know it's Prince Charming. Don't worry someone will come along and pick up her best friends heart in the end.
I think it's funny that you say that, because I feel the exact opposite way. I hate it when both candidates are equally good! I want it to be obvious.