The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Atuanui Press

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Atuanui Press

Hi Guys, Has anyone had any dealings with New Zealand based Atuanui Press? I don't think thy are a vanity publisher, but they don't look exactly 'traditional.' Anyone?
    Last edited by Fitzdare; 08-01-2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Wrong publisher!

These people? Link: http://literary-agents-book-publisher-agency-for-authors-and-writers.co.nz/

We distribute through Ingram, who has a world-wide footprint, partnerships with bookstores, and agents determined to sell your book. Bolding mine, I am confused about this.

Followed by this in their submission guidelines:

Manuscripts must be professionally edited before being submitted for publication. If you need a referral to an editor that Lang Book Publishing, Limited endorses, please ask for a referral to our partner editors who can do your full editing for $.025 a word, on average. We would prefer that if you are paying an editor that you contact us so the editor uses our authorized style sheet. (Bolding mine)Yep, ring the alarm. Smells like vanity.
    Last edited by Eltondiva; 12-29-2015 at 06:09 AM. Reason: more info
    “You cannot please everyone with your deeds and your art, please a few. To please many is bad.”

Has some vanity language.

M/M/M contemporary erotic romance novella out now from NineStar Press!

Blog: Blue Night(blog back up, mwhahaha!)
    My art and jewelry online at SaatchiArt.
    My collected Filigree's Rule posts for would-be writers (learn from my mistakes!)