• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Crystal Lake Publishing

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
They're generally closed to submissions, but it seems like they start with open periods for short story anthologies, and then take novels from people they like or are particularly impressed with.

They have a few big names published with them already. Clive Barker, Neil Gaiman, and William Meikle. They do seem to be the next up-and-coming horror publisher. Covers look really good.

William Meikle is actually even a member here on AW, maybe he'll stop in and have a few words to say.

Blackwell

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering how you folks feel about Crystal Lake Publishing, or if you've heard / ready anything about them that I should know, given that they're courting me for a book deal. I've heard good things about them from a few of their authors, who I've recently been in contact with.

Thanks!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Found this, under About:

While we strive to present only the highest quality fiction and entertainment, we also endeavour to support authors along their writing journey. We offer our time and experience in non-fiction projects, as well as author mentoring and services, at competitive prices.

This is, at best, a yellow flag, if not a red one.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: Brigid Barry

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not real experienced at this merge thing, so I'll have to insist on seatbelts and helmets. Everybody ready?

ETA: Every time I do one of these right it's a miracle.

Last edited: